First attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VargarViking

Reaction score
Hey all. This is my first attempt at brewing anything. Now, I'm trying to make one of the meds from the Skyrim cookbook. I followed every step, did everything it asked. But the only issue I had was not having an airlock. So, I had to let it sit in the carboy (without the yeast), for about two days while I waited. It's been about two days now, and my mix is heavily segmented, with no bubbles rising. So my question is if the mix is ruined, or should I just wait it out.

Attachments

• 20200620_145855.jpg
    20200620_145855.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
You added yeast or not? Did you at least cover the mouth of the carboy? Even sitting open for a couple days, I'd bet it's still in good shape if it was a strong enough (>10%) to hold back contamination. That's a densely sugar'ed liquid for a lot of bacteria to get a foothold in.

You added yeast or not? Did you at least cover the mouth of the carboy? Even sitting open for a couple days, I'd bet it's still in good shape if it was a strong enough (>10%) to hold back contamination. That's a densely sugar'ed liquid for a lot of bacteria to get a foothold in.
I immediately covered it after mixing all the ingredients, and I waited to add the yeast until I actually got the airlock. Then I added the yeast, got it all mixed, let it get some oxygen then put in the airlock.

What yeast was it? Tested it or anything? I doubt it would be ruined, I'm just wondering if the yeast was a bit of a dud since you didn't see any fermentation. Add any nutrients? What was the recipe?

What yeast was it? Tested it or anything? I doubt it would be ruined, I'm just wondering if the yeast was a bit of a dud since you didn't see any fermentation. Add any nutrients? What was the recipe?
It's actually started to ferment now, luckily.

Back