Falstaff Recipe Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am excited about brewing the recipe.
I'm glad to see you guys hopefully take this recipe to the next level by using an appropriate lager yeast with it. I'm looking forward to hearing how your beers turn out. I always felt that the lager yeast just might turn out to be that little tweak in flavor/aroma that I seemed to always be chasing using US-05.

It's on my schedule. Will probably brew in the fall after scalling up to my brewhouse. @brewmanStan I do thank you for posting!
You are more than welcome. Can't wait to hear how it comes out. I have flirted with trying this recipe with that San Francisco lager yeast just to compare with one made with US-05. My basement area stays around 64-66F most of the year so maybe that is possible one of these days. In the meantime I'll just keep making it with US-05. Like I mentioned before, I can't keep enough around, everybody likes it so much.

I wonder if, perhaps, Yeast Wyeast 2487 or White Labs 833 is the key to my Stroh's recipe.
Could be. I have no experience with lager yeasts at all so I wouldn't have a clue. I do remember drinking Stroh's on occasion and I liked it. Good beer.

Back