False bottom for Anvil Foundry 6.5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPNewBrew

Reaction score
Has anyone found (from Amazon or whoever) a false bottom / grille that fits in the 6.5? I’ve been putting my grain bag inside my malt pipe, but would like to do away with malt pipe and use a false bottom. Thanks!

Brewhardware.com can fix you up.
Also check restaurant supply stores for cooling racks-often just chromed steel but may also have stainless in suitable size (+/- 11 inches)

I measured 11.5“ wide and a little under 2” high for the legs. Looks like a good size would be 11” X 2” would be good for a bag

I have a Foundry 6.5. With the above false bottom and a grain bag instead of the malt pipe, does anybody know if or by how much that would expand the 8 pound grain capacity? What size bag would be the best fit for the 6.5? Thanks

Hey, answered this elsewhere but can here as well. My most recent Imperial Stout had 11.5 lbs of grain using a bag and false bottom. It was full but could still be stirred, it wasn't scarily full where I thought I'd have a mess.

Latest posts

Back