EVA Barrier Carboy closed transfer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagbrewer

Reaction score
Today I was transferring a German pils from my better bottle to the keg and wasn't sure I had the right size line/fittings to get the job done. After tinkering for a bit I was able to fit the 8mm tubing inside the racking cane that came with the sterile siphon starter. It also happened to fit the smaller opening in the hood and sealed well enough to make the transfer a breeze. Sometimes the beer gods just smile on you. Also, the Anvil submersible pump fits inside the mouth of a keg no problem and allowed me to both soak the inside and use a tee splitter to cycle through the beer/gas disconnects at the same time. Not sure who this will help but thought I'd put it out there.

Edit: if attempting the Anvil pump for line cleaning you'll need the 9.5mm EVA Barrier tubing to slip over the included barb on the pump and a 9.5mm to 8mm reducer depending on your system setup.

Back