• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Electric HERMS All Grain Setup For Sale (southeastern VA 23851)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insocova

Reaction score
220V Electric All Grain Brewery

Ultra low density elements in the hot liquor tank and the boil kettle
Tanks are all stainless Anheuser Busch Kegs with 12" cutouts that fit the pot lids.
50Amp spa panel and female connector included. I run a molded generator cable from the spa panel connection to power the control panel. The stainless HERMS coil will keep the mash temp exactly where you want it for as long as you want to run the wort. I added this feature so I could run wort longer than an hour without worrying about the temps dropping. Vorlouf not required with this HERMS coil.
Includes 2 March pumps which plug in to the bottom of the control panel. Switches on the control panel energize each pump.

30A Control Panel:
This system will hold the temp within 1 degree. Takes approximately 45 minutes to heat 70 deg water to strike temp.
interlock which prevents firing both elements at the same time.
dual PID's for boil kettle and hot liquor tank
emergency stop button
master power switch
all switches have local illumination to indicate when power is on.
element power illumination
watertight enclosure

Tanks:
BK and HLT are powered by the control panel, both have ultra low density elements. External connection boxes are watertight. Easy to change elements in the future if necessary.
Mash Tun has an analog thermometer mounted, wort temp can be monitored through the HLT when the HERMS coil is used.
All three tanks have false bottoms and dip tubes. 2 lids are included, I never use a lid for the BK. HLT has a nice sight glass for measuring strike water.

50' Counterflow chiller (internal copper tube)
Grain Mill
2 PET 5 gallon carboys
1 PET 6 gallon carboy
1 Glass 6.5 gallon carboy
2 cornelius kegs (pin lock)
1 perlick faucet
1 co2 tank with dual gages
mesh hops filter to keep the scum in one place during the boil. This, plus the false bottom will result in clean wort in your carboy. One single pass through the counterflow chiller drops the boiling wort to about 70 degrees with the valve wide open. You are ready to pitch yeast as soon as the wort is in the bottle.

I have brewed about 30 batches of excellent beer on this rig and I hate to sell it. I am moving and don't have much room to take everything so this has to find a new home.

I am willing to run water through the system to demonstrate operation and describe the brewing process. I am not willing to show you how to brew beer. I don't have time for that.

The bench is not included.

Selling as an entire set, I am not interested in selling parts.

Cash only, face to face sale. No shipping

I can help with delivery to most places in Hampton Roads.

$2,900 OBO

20180129_154506.jpg
20180129_154543.jpg
20180129_154612.jpg
20180129_154659.jpg
20180129_154713.jpg
20180129_160928.jpg
20180129_160940.jpg
20180129_161143.jpg
20180129_161216.jpg
20180129_161306.jpg

Back