Earthquake?!? Bobby M you ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1712333211833.png

Please let us know you're OK @Bobby_M ...we want you to be OK and then post pics of stuff fallen over so we can make jokes about you trying out a deep geo-thermal temp-control system for lagering.
Seriously, let us know.

It was really nothing. I mean, the building vibrated for about 5 seconds and it was trippy but nothing affected as far as I can tell.
The weird coincidence is that the UPS truck had just driven past my window headed to the loading dock and I thought he snagged the bumper on the side of the building and was trying to drive off.

Last edited:
My oldest son and family were 1100 feet up on the observation platform level at Hudson Yards in Manhattan :oops:
But they didn't feel any movement...

Just as a side note, the last big one we had in the SF Bay area was the one that cancelled the World Series in the 89 I think it was. I was on the third floor of a multi floor building and I swear it felt like the building was swaying and that we were on some weird carnival ride. That one freaked me out. I got home, and the car that was on jack stands, I want to say it was my dad's 56 Chevy, had gotten knocked off the stands.

I feel for the folks in Taiwan, they got shook up big time. Saw some of the photo's on the news with the buildings collapsed and leaning. That would freak me out. Prayers to those folks for sure.

I was going to say the same thing. LOL. 4.8 isn't really that much. But if you aren't used to them it can really "shake" you up. LOL. Pun intended. Glad all are ok.
My uncle in LA - who I called immediately after checking that my kids were ok - said, “that’s a tuesday for us.” Lol

It was really nothing. I mean, the building vibrated for about 5 seconds and it was trippy but nothing affected as far as I can tell.
The weird coincidence is that the UPS truck had just driven past my window headed to the loading dock and I thought he snagged the bumper on the side of the building and was trying to drive off.
LOL. I used to drive a delivery truck and I drove off once with the gate of truck still hooked to the dock. Needed $$$ aluminum welding after that little f-up.

Just as a side note, the last big one we had in the SF Bay area was the one that cancelled the World Series in the 89 I think it was. I was on the third floor of a multi floor building and I swear it felt like the building was swaying and that we were on some weird carnival ride. That one freaked me out. I got home, and the car that was on jack stands, I want to say it was my dad's 56 Chevy, had gotten knocked off the stands.

I feel for the folks in Taiwan, they got shook up big time. Saw some of the photo's on the news with the buildings collapsed and leaning. That would freak me out. Prayers to those folks for sure.
I was under a car that was on a lift installing a muffler... I had one bolt in when it started... you've never seen someone run so fast...lol

My mom is in NJ, the best thing is she’s 91 and doesn’t remember all that much, so if she noticed the ‘quake, it’s all good by now….

Back