Does Homebrew Give you Gas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewHack

Reaction score
I've just gotten into this hobby and am really enjoying my first brew. I drink 1-2 pints a night... it's so yummy. I've noticed an uptick in farts, voluminous ones too. I'm guessing it's the CO2. I keg at just under 12 psi which is perfect for the APA I've made. Do you guys have the same experience?

🍑🌬

Not really any different for me from commercial bottled beer — but I bottle and am careful not to pour any yeast from the bottom of the bottle into my glass.

no? i did get the squirts from some rice beer i brewed, didn't know i need to add gluco to the fermenter, had a FG of like 1.030 or something. also unaware dextrins are a form of soluble fiber... the porceilin god really hated me for them two kegs! still having trouble getting a job!

i'd say not to worry and take pride in it, it'll pass. pun? maybe? but when i first started losing 100 pounds eating beans, had the farts something fierce, but i wouldn't hear nothing about it...now i can eat a huge bowl of beans and not a toot...

my buddy gets horrific gas when he drinks fresh squeezed or fresh haze... to funny.

I don't get horrific gas from my beer (after all, I'm a woman; I don't fart, and when I do I blame it on the dogs), but I DO get some not-very-fun poop issues if I drink too much of a new beer that still has a lot of yeast in suspension. I figure I've got the cleanest colon in these parts.

My home brew gives me a lot of CO2 gas, during fermentation of course. Free keg purges are working out well, looking into other ways to utilize in brewing process.

It could be the battle of your intestinal flora, keep consuming home brew and raw fermented veggies so the good guys win. You’ll still fart, but they aren’t likely to be as stinky.

Back