DIY Simple Control panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyleWolf

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

So I am designing a simple control panel to modify my current system. The system will be a typical 3 burner 1 pump system.

The two electric components of the system are going to be 1) the pump and 2) a 120V heating element.

The heating element is going to be for an in-line temp maintenance system.
Basically, direct fire my keggle-mash tun to get water to mash-temp, dough-in, and use the low power element and the pump to maintain mash temp. Brewhardware sells a body kitfor this exact thing.

Since it is only a 120V element, I figured I didn't need anything too special. Basically, the temp probe/PID will turn the element on or off and the pump will be run off a basic "on/off" switch.

Just wanted to see if there was anything I was missing in the wiring diagram for the control panel. Thanks in advance!

PS. I know the wires in the barrier strips are all in wonky positions, that is really more because it was easier to draw that way.
PSS...so didn't notice that the "RTD sensor" text somehow magically moved. The circle with 3 wires running to the PID is the RTD sensor.

z4LjhrE.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I realize now that this isn't the best sub-forum to put this thread. I reposted in electric brewing. Mods can feel free to delete the thread.

Latest posts

Back