Danby DAR044A4 4.4 cu.ft. keg capacity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdieter

Reaction score
Just finished this conversion following tips from previous posts regarding this 4.4 cu.ft. fridge. My door modification was cutting out the drink holder panel about .375" from the gasket and fitting a frp panel in the void. It made a much cleaner look than tape over the drink holders. I was a little worried the door might spring out of flat a little as this is what happened for my fermenter made from the small apartment size fridge(12 cu.ft. I think). I had to add a catch to the door so the door gasket seals, but this was not an issue with the smaller Danby fridge. Anyway I wanted to add a 2.5gal ball lock on the compressor hump as I have a 3-tap tower. Preliminary attempts with a container at near 9" diameter wouldn't allow me to close the door, leaving about a 1/2" gap opposite the hinge. I don't own a 2.5 gallon ball lock corny to make a true attempt. Has anybody fit 3 cornys in this model of Danby. And could somebody provide me with the measured diameter of a 1.75 & 2.5 gallon ball lock corny. Everything I've found online states these are 9" diameter but first hand knowledge would be great. Because of the tray glides on the sidewalls I have to offset the 5 gallon kegs. If the walls were flat I may be able to fit 3 kegs with the door sealing. I don't really want to cut the tray glides out and tape over them if I don't need to, but maybe that's the only way with this fridge.

I'm not near my danby kegerator right now to check but I can tell you what I know. I have a couple 3 gal ball locks and they're the same width as my 5 gallon kegs. The stack nicely. As for getting three kegs in there with one on the hump would be pushing it and maybe possible. I have two kegs and my co2 tank in mine and it has a very specific configuration in order to fit.

Maybe the 2.5 gallon kegs are short enough to stack in there? I'd check into that too because fitting all three sounds impossible unless you build a small collar for the door. Good luck.

Came across slimline corny kegs that are advertised as slightly smaller than 9" diameter cornys. Curious if anybody knows the true diameter difference between slimline and standard cornys. One online source say 5/16" smaller but also says their normal 2-3 gallon cornys are slightly larger than a 5 gallon corny. Don't want to buy one and end up having to modify my kegerator anyway.

I was wondering if you have a picture of the 4.4 cu ft configuration? I was going to buy a 4.4, but was unsure if I could fit 2 corn legs plus a 5# CO2 tank.
Thanks!!

Back