• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Custom Electric Homebrew Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajmosher

Reaction score
Built this to add a level of automation to my home brewing and get away from an all-gas setup. Works great, but i no longer brew, so hoping this all finds a good home with another enthusiast.

Custom setup includes the following:

*Electric Control Panel

*Hot Liquor Tun w/ electric heating element

*120v Blichmann RIM rocket for recirculating wort at temp (can also be converted to HopRocket)

*Temp probes for HLT and RIM rocket

Electric control panel (shown in pictures) has the following functionality:

*Power switch

*Incoming amp gauge

*Power consumption gauge

*Two on/off toggles for heating element power (orange lights when turned on)

*Two temp controllers (used to assign set points to heating elements)

*Two on/off toggles for pump power (green lights when turned on)

Electric HLT and RIM rocket both plug into heating element power plugs (one of the plugs is specifically setup for 120v Blichmann RIM rocket plug). Pump power outlets intended to be used with electric pumps but can be used to control any device operating off a normal male power plug.

You still need your own kettles, tubing, etc etc, but this will help you convert a significant portion of your setup to electric if you're tired of using gas. Take a look at the photos and descriptions and let me know if you have any questions.

Asking $350 for everything. Willing to part if someone is interested in a single component.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 48B1F483-AE25-4554-B71F-38B7DECE2B2D.jpeg
    48B1F483-AE25-4554-B71F-38B7DECE2B2D.jpeg
    763.4 KB · Views: 527
  • E5B33AA5-2474-4E45-BABD-3D362B1AB8F7.jpeg
    E5B33AA5-2474-4E45-BABD-3D362B1AB8F7.jpeg
    920.6 KB · Views: 508
  • E98A11E2-847C-43AF-AA90-382F418FF3E4.jpeg
    E98A11E2-847C-43AF-AA90-382F418FF3E4.jpeg
    895.8 KB · Views: 485
Sure, I’d be okay with that. Willing to sell the RIM Rocket/Hop Rocket for $150. Let me know if you’re interested.

Hadn’t anticipated selling the controller by itself, but absolutely willing to part that out if you’re interested. $175 for the controller.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Built this to add a level of automation to my home brewing and get away from an all-gas setup. Works great, but i no longer brew, so hoping this all finds a good home with another enthusiast.

Custom setup includes the following:

*Electric Control Panel

*Hot Liquor Tun w/ electric heating element

*120v Blichmann RIM rocket for recirculating wort at temp (can also be converted to HopRocket)

*Temp probes for HLT and RIM rocket

Electric control panel (shown in pictures) has the following functionality:

*Power switch

*Incoming amp gauge

*Power consumption gauge

*Two on/off toggles for heating element power (orange lights when turned on)

*Two temp controllers (used to assign set points to heating elements)

*Two on/off toggles for pump power (green lights when turned on)

Electric HLT and RIM rocket both plug into heating element power plugs (one of the plugs is specifically setup for 120v Blichmann RIM rocket plug). Pump power outlets intended to be used with electric pumps but can be used to control any device operating off a normal male power plug.

You still need your own kettles, tubing, etc etc, but this will help you convert a significant portion of your setup to electric if you're tired of using gas. Take a look at the photos and descriptions and let me know if you have any questions.

Asking $350 for everything. Willing to part if someone is interested in a single component.

Cheers!
Is the RIMS rocket still available and where are you located?

Latest posts

Back