Corona mills in Canada? (toronto)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gitchie

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'd like to buy a grain mill but I'm new to homebrewing and not quite sure I can justify spending ~$150 on a roller mill at this time. The way I'm looking at it, every dollar I can save on a mill right now is a dollar I can put towards getting proper temperature control.

I would be happy getting a corona mill but I can't seem to find any under $60. In my mind if I'm spending that much on a corona mill I might as well wait until I can afford a roller mill instead. I was hoping I could get one for around $25. That's what they cost on ebay or amazon but shipping will bring the price up to about $60. Homebrew stores seem to be charging ~$75 for them which seems steep.

I found the thread that said that Princess Auto had them for around $20 but that was from years ago and they no longer seem to carry them. Does anyone know of a place that sells cheap grain mills near Toronto?

I live in Kingston Ontario, I also can't find a mill. I'm to the point now that I will probably cross the border an go to walmart and buy one, it doesn't make sense why you can get one at walmart in the US but not Canada. We get the shaft on shipping up here.

I think for product availability it's just due to less demand.... although it's getting much better... much more products are available now then when i started brewing 4 years ago....

and as far as shipping well.. of course, we have 35 million people with more territory, compared to the U.S. with less territory and 315 million.... there's no way we'll ever get as good rates up here...

I think for product availability it's just due to less demand.... although it's getting much better... much more products are available now then when i started brewing 4 years ago....

and as far as shipping well.. of course, we have 35 million people with more territory, compared to the U.S. with less territory and 315 million.... there's no way we'll ever get as good rates up here...

It's a flour mill, there are other uses for them than making beer! Only people in the US crush grains?

It's a flour mill, there are other uses for them than making beer! Only people in the US crush grains?

well, to be completely honest with you, i've don't think i've ever actually met someone other than me (in person) that has a mill..... that i know of... so, i don't think too many ppl make their own flour these days...

but anyway... I hear you... i drool over some of the shops and cheap shipping they have in the US... wish we could have that here..

I was in the same boat as you.. i was never able to find a cheap one.. so i ended up buying this cheap roller: http://homebrewgearcanada.com/Adjustable-Malt-Mill-With-Hopper

That's what I figured. I haven't been able to find any sort of reasonably priced mill anywhere. Maybe if I make a trip to the US soon I can pick one up but I may just have to get a roller mill instead. Thanks for the link. The one you posted is a pretty good deal with the sale.

Back