Concord 15 gallon brew pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowlersp

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these brew pots:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/CONCORD-Stainless-Steel-Home-Brew-Kettle-Brewing-Stock-Pot-Beer-Wine-Set-/142169845806?nav=SEARCH

Looks like they have sold quite a few and have pretty good reviews but I was wondering if anyone on these forums have used them.

awesome, thanks for the quick responses! definitely looking at purchasing this so I can make 10 gallon batches :D

Spikes previous generation of pots were rumored to be modified Concord kettles or at least from the same factory.

awesome, thanks for the quick responses! definitely looking at purchasing this so I can make 10 gallon batches :D

I think Concord has different versions, so if tri-ply is something desired you might double check it is before you purchase it.

I have a concord 10 gal and it's a great pot....I have since moved up to a 20 SS Brewtech though and find the extra $$ worth it

I used a 20 gallon (actually only 18.5 gallons) Concord kettle for a couple years and agree, that it is the best bang for the buck.

I know this is an ancient thread, but I just purchased the Concord 15 gallon tri ply. Got it on sale for $119 with free shipping. Everyone still happy with their purchase?

I know this is an ancient thread, but I just purchased the Concord 15 gallon tri ply. Got it on sale for $119 with free shipping. Everyone still happy with their purchase?
I've had my 20 gallon Concord pot for 6 years and endless brews. Still looks like new. I brew electric though, no flames on the pot

Just to add my two cents to anyone researching kettles before purchasing...

I invested in all Blichmann pots and they are great. But if I had it to do all over again I'd go with a kettle with welded fittings. Blichmann's engineering is top notch, but the o-rings for the weldless fittings are a weak link. I've always had problems with leaking.

Just to add my two cents to anyone researching kettles before purchasing...

I invested in all Blichmann pots and they are great. But if I had it to do all over again I'd go with a kettle with welded fittings. Blichmann's engineering is top notch, but the o-rings for the weldless fittings are a weak link. I've always had problems with leaking.

Brewhardware.com has a number of different weldless bulkheads you might look into to replace any on your kettles that are problematic.

I had a NB kettle w/ weldless fittings and they were touchy. Sold that, bought a spike w/ Welded, I'm happy.

But I got another kettle w/ a couple holes already drilled, and bought the Brewhardware bulkheads for them. Rock solid, and I can't really see any difference from welded.

Here's the link; he's got a number of different styles, and they work:

https://www.brewhardware.com/category_s/1838.htm

looking at the pictures in the product description and cant tell but does anyone know if there are the gallon markings on the inside of this kettle?

Currently finishing up my 3 vessel 120v basement system with 10gallon concord pots. They're rock solid. Took me forever to drill through them when installing my herms coil

Brewhardware.com has a number of different weldless bulkheads you might look into to replace any on your kettles that are problematic.

I had a NB kettle w/ weldless fittings and they were touchy. Sold that, bought a spike w/ Welded, I'm happy.

But I got another kettle w/ a couple holes already drilled, and bought the Brewhardware bulkheads for them. Rock solid, and I can't really see any difference from welded.

Here's the link; he's got a number of different styles, and they work:

https://www.brewhardware.com/category_s/1838.htm
Great info - thanks!

Just to update.. 3 batches in and no problems. I had to take apart the thermometer and drain assemblies a couple times to keep them from leaking. Do not over tighten the nuts! Hand tight is all you need and you’re good to go. Will buy again as my brewery expands..

Back