• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Iowa Complete brewing system for 5 gallon brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Complete Beer Brewing Kit ($400) This is a complete set up to get someone started into brewing beer at the all grain level. Most of the equipment is brand new or like new. Proceeds from this sale will be donated to the local food pantries throughout the year. As with every big brew kit I sell I also include a glass growler filled with one of the beers I have one tap. I will also include several cases of clean brown glass bottles to get you started. The cooler is brand new and is a 3 day insulation cooler. I have added extra insulation to the lid and sealed it with a food grade silicon epoxy plug. It has a voile cloth liner that makes clean up very easy. Just empty the liner and rinse the inside of the mashtun. No hard cleaning needed.

Bayou Classic SQ14 burner and stand. (Like new)
10 gallon stainless steel kettle with 3 ply bottom and 2 brew in a bag liners. (Like new)
5 gallon stainless steel kettle with 3 ply bottom and 1 brew in a bag liner. (Good condition)
30 foot wort chiller made from ½ copper and sized to fit the 10 gallon kettle. (New)
48 quart mashtun cooler with brand new metal components and voile cloth liner. (New)
6.5 and 8 gallon fermenting buckets with lids and airlocks. (New)
1, 5 and 6 gallon glass carboys. (used)
Bottling bucket, racking cane, bottle filler, caps, capper and bottle brush. (new)
Idofor and B-brite cleaner. (new)
2 hard wood mash paddles.
Hydrometer and stand, floating thermometer and copy of How to Brew.
6 gallon cooler and spare propane tank. Brew thermometer. Hop spider with several bags.

If you would prefer a 10 gallon beverage cooler for your mashtun I can do that. The cooler would be used but the parts are brand new.

I HAVE ALSO ADDED A BRAND NEW BREWING BUCKET WITH LID, BENCH CAPPER UPGRADE and another 5 gallon glass carboy with brush.

I will also put together a 5 gallon all grain brew kit for the buyer once I know the type of beer they would like to make. I am not shipping anything or breaking this up at the moment.

SAM_1381.jpg

SAM_1380.jpg

SAM_1379.jpg

SAM_1377.jpg

SAM_1382.jpg

SAM_1420.jpg

Last edited:
Great set up, I know it's a little off topic but would you happen to have a false bottom for sale for a 10 gallon home depot cooler?

You don't need a false bottom for these coolers. You can easily use a stainless steel hose braid and a voile cloth liner like for brew in a bag. I have made over 20 of these for friends and other brewers. To clean the cooler just lift out the voile bag, dump the grain and rinse out the cooler. Nothing to take apart and just let the bag dry and shake any grain pieces lose.

Even for the circular type of coolers? Thanks for the help... I'm new to this and trying to get ready for first all grain

Even for the circular type of coolers? Thanks for the help... I'm new to this and trying to get ready for first all grain

The first ones I made were for circular drink coolers. You can buy white voile cloth curtain panels (58 by 84 inch) from Walmart or Target for around $12. I can usually get two bags from one panel. Just sew it like a big pillowcase. Pull the spent grain out of the cooler after mashing and dump the grain. Let the bag dry and shake lose any pieces of grain. You can then run it through the washing machine if you want after getting much of the grain pieces off.

Ok, thanks. How do you suspend the bag in circular drinking cooler ? Or just let it sit on bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back