• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Iowa Complete 5 gallon all grain starting equipment system.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For sale is a complete set up for brewing 5-6 gallons of beer. The majority of the gear is brand new. Used items are in excellent condition. The proceeds of this sale will be donated to the local food pantries to help families in need. ($250 firm) You could easily spend $350-400 assembling this gear on your own. This will save you time, money and build good karma by helping out others in need.

High quality 10 gallon stainless steel brew kettle with 3 ply base and comes with 4 brew in a bag liners.
Brand new 16 quart stainless steel kettle for heating sparge water. Brand New.
Brand new Darkstar propane burner with stand and regulator.
Brand new 48 quart mastun with insulated lid and new metal components. Comes with voile cloth liner. and solid oak mash paddle.
Brand new: Bottling bucket, 6.5 gallon fermenting bucket, airlock, racking cane, thermometer, hydrometer, bottle capper, bottle filler, bottle brush.
Brand new 30 foot 1/2 diameter wort chiller custom made to fit this brewing kettle.
Stainless steel double mesh adjustable hop screen with second insert.
Grain for a 5 gallon pale ale to get you started.
4 tall pilsner glasses and 4 short sampling glasses.
2 cases of bottles

I am not shipping any of this gear and I am not looking to sell any one single item. I do have spare mashtuns of 5 gallon, 10 gallon, 12 gallon and 70 quart size for sale as well as spare stainless steel kettle and wort chiller, but again I am not wanting to ship anything due to cost. All of the proceeds go to worthy cause.

SAM_1269.jpg

SAM_1284.jpg

SAM_1341.jpg

hell of deal. if you ever decide to ship i would be interested in the dark star burner.

It would be much cheaper to buy the Darkstar burner from Northern Brewer or Midwest brewing that have flat shipping rates. I have looked into this in the past with systems I have sold and the shipping for me is always much higher.

How does that hop screen work?

The screen is placed on the top of a fermenting bucket and the wort is poured through the screen to filter out hops. The second insert shown in the picture is used to filter out leaf hops while the first will filter out pellet hops. I have two of these and only need one which is why I am adding to the gear for someone to get started in brewing.

Back