Colorado brewers: Free rhizomes from AC Golden Brewing (Coors)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coslor

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted here before, but a quick search didn't reveal it, and time is running out, so..

Anyway, it appears that AC Golden Brewing Co. (which is basically Coors in disguise) is giving away free hops rhizomes as part of a promotion for their Colorado Native beer. Details are in the linked article, but basically you need to send a request to [email protected] by Nov 15. They don't specify what kind of hops it is, but it might be worth a shot to see what you get!

Thank you for the referral. Likewise, if you want to trade other varities, I have Zeus and Centennial. I know of some Brewers Gold and Cascade, too.

If you want to go really native, I know of some wild hops spots.

Got my confirmation email back from them today. I said I'm planning for trellises with 10 next year, and politely said I would love multiple varieties and however many they would like to give me. They said they'd be contacting me in April with the rhizomes and growing tips. That rocks. Nice post.

Thanks for the kudos, that was my first HBT post!

Brent, as jasonsargo said, I won't know what I'm getting until April when they (hopefully) send it, but I'd sure be willing to trade hops cones, or even rhizomes if I end up getting extras.

And I'd love to find out more about wild hops spots in Colorado; I keep hearing rumors but nothing specific. Feel free to PM me if you like.

I confirmed today with Coors that they will be receiving the rhizomes next week to be turned around and shipped out in 2 weeks.

The woman said that there was an overwhelming response, so requests like mine for 10 are up in the air, and did confirm that there will be several varieties available.

Maybe locals could post here for a swap thread once they start arriving...

Sent from my DROID2 using Home Brew Talk

Latest posts

Back