CO2 to carb then Beer Gas (70-30) to serve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyennie

Reaction score
Why wouldn't this work?

Brew beers - Pale Ales, IPAs, Stouts
Carb each to appropriate levels 2.2 - 2.8 for the pale ales and IPAs, 1.2 - 1.7 for the stout
Use beer gas (70 - 30) in the kegerator for all beers, lower pressure through normal faucets for the Pales and IPAs, higher pressure for the stout

Would the Pales and IPAs lose carbonation over time???

yes and the nitro bubles are much smaller and will make the pales and ipas taste sweeter and creamier and smoother not like pale or ipas imo

yes and the nitro bubles are much smaller and will make the pales and ipas taste sweeter and creamier and smoother not like pale or ipas imo

It's actually the act of pushing a beer really hard (25-30psi) through the tiny holes in the stout spout that degasses and makes that creamy head/flat beer thing. If you carb a beer to 2.4 volumes of CO2 and dispense it at 10psi of 70/30 beer gas, you just get a beer that acts like it was dispensed on pure CO2 until the keg slowly equilibrates down to the lower CO2 pressure.

Let me ask; what are you trying to accomplish with this arrangement on your other beers?
I have not used beer gas, although I read here that folks like it with their stouts. I have an extra tank & regulator now, so I might give it a try on my stouts.

Latest posts

Back