Chicago western suburbs beer share?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stosh

Reaction score
Throwing this at the wall to see what sticks...

Anyone interested in doing a beer share located in the suburbs of the Fox Valley area of Chicago? Open to all that are interested in beer be it shelf bought or home brewed.

What is a beer share? I might define it like this: Participants decide on a beer style ie: hi octane barley wines, IPAs, DIPAs, Stouts, Belgians, home brews, what ever... then decide on time, location, date. Get a head count and figure out food. Then decide on frequency. It could be a regularly scheduled event or seat of the pants, annual, semi-annual. Could be at someone's house, a rented facility, where ever.

Most likely something like this is already going on beyond the small group of friends I do this with (not including beer clubs and fests).

The Fox Valley includes the following communities but not limited to: Elgin/S. Elgin, E/W Dundee, St. Charles, Wayne, Gilberts, Huntley, McHenry, Crystal Lake, Algonquin, Lake in the Hills, Cary, Geneva, Campton Hills, Carpentersville, Fox River Grove, Batavia, Montgomery, Yorkville, Oswego, Aurora, Naperville, Ottawa, Marengo, Sleepy Hollow, Hampshire, Pingree Grove, Genoa, Burlington, Plato Center, Virgil, Lily Lake, Elburn, Maple Park, Sycamore, DeKalb, Cortland, Kaneville, North Aurora, Sugar Grove, Hinckley, Big Rock, Plano, West Chicago, Winfield...

The list can go on... Just looking to gauge interest and getting some like minded people together as thought partners to maybe get this going...

Hey stosh,
I’m in mchenry & would be interested, but you might want to reach out to your local home brew club..? I’ve been trying to get with the “midnight carboys” in crystal lake, or maybe the “nubs” in Libertyville. Just haven’t had a free Thursday.... check out the AHA for your local club DeKalb has the barley monks. Just a thought.?

I'm on the board of Wingnut Brew Club. We meet the third Saturday of every month, usually either in South Elgin or St. Charles. We brew as a club at every meeting, then enjoy the fruits of our labor at a future meeting when that beer is ready. In addition, everyone brings some beer for the group to enjoy / sample / give feedback on if requested. Can be homebrew or commercial. Everyone brings something to eat as well (i.e. chips and dip, donuts, taco bell box, sub sandwich plate, meatballs, or anything else you make or buy and enjoy) so there is ALWAYS plenty of food and beer to to go around.

There are a lot of teachers in the club, and it was founded on the premise of supporting and spreading the education of brewing to others.

They usually serve at 3 events as well. One in Ottowa in May, St. Charles in June, and Oswego in September.

If your interested in additional information, send me a pm.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back