Cheap 8 qt pressure cooker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would work, but if you want to eventually autoclave flasks, stirbars and starter wort, look on craigslist or the local buysell for a pressure canner. 20-25 qt work very well and you should be able to find one for around that price.

Can you use a 25 qt with only a few qts of water in it? That is a bit overkill for just the mash schedule I think.

Can you use a 25 qt with only a few qts of water in it? That is a bit overkill for just the mash schedule I think.

I think Joe is saying that the physical size of the smaller canner will not allow for sterilization of large, common, useful objects like E-flasks for yeast starters. This ability to sterilize objects is a great secondary (or primary) reason for a brewer to have a pressure cooker.

I just came across this thread and was very interested in it. My better half gave me a pressure cooker for a gift and I have had no use for it as yet. Now I see there are a few I had not thought of. Using it as an autoclave is a neat idea.

Where can I get more info on Steam Mashing? I new to home brewed beer and am always looking for neat tricks that work to make things easier and quicker. I don't want to cut corners though!

Salute! :mug:

Latest posts

Back