CBC Best of Show Homebrew Competition for Charity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre

Reaction score
Full details from email here

Judging taking place May 3rd, registration not yet open

• Entries should be brewed based on BJCP Style Categories 1 – 16 (except 9E), 18, 20 – 22 (except 22C); please note though, this competition is not AHA/BJCP sanctioned.
  • A panel of judges will evaluate each entry according to the style in which it was entered. This is a beer only competition, sorry no meads or ciders.
  • We require a minimum of three 12oz bottles of each entry.
  • All beers must be received by April 20th, so please plan your brew and fermentation accordingly.
  • Entry fee is $50 (100% to be donated to East End House in Cambridge.)
  • All brewers must be amateur brewers and 21 years old or older. Entries will not be accepted by brewers employed by a professional brewery.

I saw that one. I'm actually thinking about throwing my hat in the ring.
I know it's a bit steep for an entry fee, but it is for a good cause.
I have an IPA that is coming up to carb right now, assuming I didn't screw anything up it should still be drinking great come May...
Or I could do something else. I have a recipe for a stout in the pipeline, and a couple other things.
Oh, yeah, I saw a post on facebook and asked, they would be able to work with bombers as well, didn't ask if they still need 3 or would an equivalent amount ounce-wise work.

good idea. I'm on the fence right now with that high entry fee. the grand prize is pretty cool though, getting them to brew and serve your beer.

Finalists are up on the CBC site. Didn't make the cut :/

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back