Carboy/keg washer - why'd I wait so long

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdjshaw

Reaction score
I hate scrubbing the dried yeast/krausen out of my fermentor so much that I often just seal it up and leave it for a week or two till I can't put it off anymore. I've filled it with hot water and pbw before and let it soak overnight which makes cleaning a breeze but that's a waste of 12+ gal of water anda lot of pbw so I'm not really into that.
Anyways, I heard about Marks carboy/keg washer on this site and figured I'd use a little of my tax return $ to get one. It came yesterday and I used it after transfering beer out of my Sabco fermentor - best $100 I've ever spent I think! In 20 minutes, with about a gal and a half of hot water and and ounce and a half of pbw my fermentor was almost completely spotless. I had a tiny bit of krausen that came right off with a quick pass of a cleaning brush. I ordered a cip ball from Brewers Hardware that I think will target the sides a little better so I'm hoping I wont even have to do that next time. Plus I was able to do other stuff while the washer was washing :)
Just thought I'd share in case anyone was thinking of getting one of these or didn't know about them. They're definitely worth it in my book.

Back