Cannman's Open Invitation for a Collaborative Brew for Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannman

Beer Theorist
Reaction score
This is an open invitation. Today is 5-10-2016. If you find this link in 2020 and this post hasn't been removed, it still applies! You may need to send me a private message though as those go to my email address.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Howdy HBT Land.

I am formally extending an open invitation to HBT members who will join me in brewing for a beer competition submission.

What does this mean?

Together, we will decide on a competition to enter, evaluate categories to enter, decide what techniques we will use to brew, what ingredients to use, methods to fermentation, bottling technique, etc etc etc. The brewer will come to my home to brew said beer (do a search for zip 93545, you're probably going to drive some)! I will provide a place for you to stay at no cost (spare mother in-law cottage or RV, your choice, both provide 100% privacy). Once brewed, unless the brewer is in close proximity, I will handle the fermentation and bottling responsibilities. We will then enter the beer fresh and attend the beer competition/festival ceremony. TADA! Collaborative brew for competition.

In return for your journey, I will travel to your location at a later date and help brew another competition beer on your system based on similar parameters as above (but the beer doesn't have to be similar to the previous beer at all). I think my personal limit is 8 hours away, but talk to me anyway if you're across the country.

Why am I doing this? I want to enter new competitions to evaluate my beer but have little motivation to travel outside of my area to do so. An undertaking such as this will get me out and brewing! Brewing for competitions also makes the brewing process a "high stakes" affair which may cause for additional attention to detail. I'm also looking to learn from others as well as teach. Above all, enjoy brewing beer with others who love brewing beer as much as I do.

Fairly new to competitions, old retired dogs, former probrewers, extract only brewers, IT DOESN'T MATTER! Lets make this collaboration brew happen!

The details of who gets what beer can be negotiated but I would prefer if the brewer had the funds to share in the grain bill 50/50 for a 50% of the brewed beer share.

Lets do this!

:tank: :mug: :rockin:

Latest posts

Back