Calling all 2013 Burning Man homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jglazer

Reaction score
Going to Burning Man this year? Bringing any homebrew? What ya bringing?

I am flying in from NC so I am only bringing a few bombers of a Heady clone and a PTY clone.

Camp is 8:45 and B called Tender Heckles, come find me!

East TN chiming in. I'll be out there with my sound camp: Black Rock City Jungle. Around 2&J. Bringing 4 half barrels; 2 Earl Grey Wit and 2 IPA. I'm planning to give one of the tea beers to the home brew tent. We will also have a bunch of homemade shine and energy drinks at our camp bar. There is a food chemist in our camp, so she is taking lead on our energy drink. Stop on by any time!

OH wow a sound camp way out at J? Is that normal to be placed out there? Are you guys the Jungle/Drum n’Bass one?

I'll def try and stop by. Any idea where the home brew camp is?

Wish I could find the time and money to go back :). What a great time. Had I known about homebrew in '08... well... its a long trek to bring anything nevermind brew!

What is burning man?

Have you ever done something where afterwards you tried to explain it to someone else and realized it can't be explained/described in words?

Burning Man is an experience, its different for everyone and at the same time offers something for everyone no matter what you are into, and you only get out of it what you are willing to open yourself up to. It unfortunately has a bad rep for drugs and electronic music, which I won't deny is there, but that is only a small part of the whole experience, and I personally like that bad rep on it because it keeps the ignorant/judgmental/closed minded folk away.

Have you ever done something where afterwards you tried to explain it to someone else and realized it can't be explained/described in words?

Burning Man is an experience, its different for everyone and at the same time offers something for everyone no matter what you are into, and you only get out of it what you are willing to open yourself up to. It unfortunately has a bad rep for drugs and electronic music, which I won't deny is there, but that is only a small part of the whole experience, and I personally like that bad rep on it because it keeps the ignorant/judgmental/closed minded folk away.

Not to mention boobs everywhere.

When I first got past the gates a gentleman wearing only sandles and a sarong found out it was my first Burn and asked me, politely, to lie on the playa and make playa angels. I did without hesitation, as I was so thrilled to be there. "You passed the first test. Whenever someone refuses to do that I know right away they are going to have a terrible time"

When I first got past the gates a gentleman wearing only sandles and a sarong found out it was my first Burn and asked me, politely, to lie on the playa and make playa angels. I did without hesitation, as I was so thrilled to be there. "You passed the first test. Whenever someone refuses to do that I know right away they are going to have a terrible time"

...and then i told you to go ring the bell!

I'm pretty stoked about it. I'm glad she didn't turn 50 this year but I kinda wish she would've.

I'm pretty stoked about it. I'm glad she didn't turn 50 this year but I kinda wish she would've.

OH man, I have no doubt it will be one of the best experiences of your life, even at 50! You'll learn things about yourself there that can't be taught anywhere else.

@petie unsolicited advice, if you don't have a camp to stay with yet find one as soon as is practical. Now isnt too soon to make friends, even if the event is a year from now. Those folks who say "we have a camper, we'll just go alone!" tend to regret it.

Also, more unsolicited advice, have a discussion as soon as practical about how you both feel about the nudity situation. Being stunned at the sight of a nude bombshell is par for the course, but I've seen more than one dude have a personal crisis when their wife or girlfriend spontaneously decided she was going to go nude or topless on the playa (the heat and the booze make some normal people do some weird stuff). If neither of you care, awesome, but its worth talking about ahead of time. Luckily my wife isnt big on going au natural, so it wasnt an issue for me.

I'll be at 545 and H - Camp High Standards, my name is DT. Bringing 7 ponies: RIS, IPA, chocolate coffee stout, red ipa, blonde, habanero x2. Got some camp mates bringing a pale and a brown. Join me for a beer or twenty.

I'll be at 545 and H - Camp High Standards, my name is DT. Bringing 7 ponies: RIS, IPA, chocolate coffee stout, red ipa, blonde, habanero x2. Got some camp mates bringing a pale and a brown. Join me for a beer or twenty.

Oh man awesome! Are there any times that you know you'll be around and serving the homebrew? Or should I swing by whenever and tell them DT sent me here for homebrew?

And of course no guarantees...I lose track of time like its my job out there

I'm not sure specific times, middayish probably is a good bet. I would say 1 to 5. if you come by in the beginning of the week i may have a better idea of what will be on tap each day and when. Blondes probably first, choco coffee stout may be for breakfast. Past that i don't really know.

if you can, bring one of your bombers over.

But yeah I'm sure if you come by and just say DT sent you for some brew they will show you the way if I'm not around at that time

Awesome, I will def try and save a homebrew for you. I am not bringing too many, only a few bottles.

STARTS IN 6 DAYS!!!!!!!!

Back