Brit living in the USA-Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lanky94

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am lucky enough to be living in the USA ( British).

I go home once a year and love tasting some of our fine wares back home . I have lots of favourites, including some Adnams, Doome bar, Spitifre, Woodfordes ( and lots more).

I also really enjoy some of the craft ales from the USA, my fave is Honkers from goose island, but there are many others- sweetwater 420 springs to mind.

Its time for me to start brewing my own, which is something I have never done.

I have some gear arriving soon to make my own mash tun, yeast plate and some other bits.............all of which I learnt about on this forum.

I have 2 kits to make I bought back from the UK ( woodfordes Wherry). I will brew these first to get me going. My wife like a good drink too, but she likes the blonde ales. I am gonna try the centennial in the recipe section.

I look forward to speaking to some of you soon.

Cheers.
Nathan.

ps....sorry for all the dumb questions I'm gonna ask!

Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a good start! Where are you in the US, and what brings you here?

I'm sure you will have a great time with your new hobby. There are lots of great people here who are eager to help. Remember, the only dumb question is the one which isn't asked...

Hello all.

I am lucky enough to be living in the USA ( British).

I go home once a year and love tasting some of our fine wares back home . I have lots of favourites, including some Adnams, Doome bar, Spitifre, Woodfordes ( and lots more).

I also really enjoy some of the craft ales from the USA, my fave is Honkers from goose island, but there are many others- sweetwater 420 springs to mind.

Its time for me to start brewing my own, which is something I have never done.

I have some gear arriving soon to make my own mash tun, yeast plate and some other bits.............all of which I learnt about on this forum.

I have 2 kits to make I bought back from the UK ( woodfordes Wherry). I will brew these first to get me going. My wife like a good drink too, but she likes the blonde ales. I am gonna try the centennial in the recipe section.

I look forward to speaking to some of you soon.

Cheers.
Nathan.

ps....sorry for all the dumb questions I'm gonna ask!

Welcome to the forum Nathan from a fellow expat.

Welcome to the fold! You will find a wealth of info here. And warmest of welcomes to the US. Please don't hold Donald Trump or the Kardashians against us!

Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a good start! Where are you in the US, and what brings gs you here?

I'm sure you will have a great time with your new hobby. There are lots of great people here who are eager to help. Remember, the only dumb question is the one which isn't asked...

Good evening.......thanks for the welcome. I am living in Southern MD and I come here with work....been I the US for 4 years.

I cant wait for my gear to arrive. I liitle expensive to get set up, but iy'll soon pay for itself

Latest posts

Back