Brewzilla / Digimash drain valve replacement?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanPancho

Reaction score
just got the 65L digimash and getting ready to do first brew. would prefer to recirc during mash, as well as whirlpool via the cfc, etc. etc the thing i dont like is that the stock valve seems like it drops down to 3/8" ID or so, whereas the pump is 1/2" (nominal). dont like the idea of having restriction before the pump.

also, would prefer to have the pump attached directly to the valve, like you would with a normal NPT ball valve. but there's no way to attach it to the stock valve that comes with these systems. its a weird size thread, maybe 3/8 or something. not typical size for US. so i gotta do a piece of hose from the spout to the pump, etc.

i wouldnt hesitate to pull my weldless valve off my old kettle, except the digimash has a embossed/stamped depression in the vessel wall where the spout goes. im worried about being able to get my valve to fit, as it seems to be a larger /wider assembly (with washers, gasket, etc) than the depression in the wall of the vessel.

anybody ever swapped these out for a regular ball valve type outlet?

I swapped out the valve off of my 35L DigiMash setup since I couldn't thread my disconnects onto it. Got a kit from BargainFittings and the threaded coupler they provide is just to big to fit through the stock hole. I used an extra washer to seal it, could of enlarged the hole but the extra washer seems to be working. Have a 65L coming in this week and I probably will not even attempt to install the factory valve and go straight to another BargainFittings one I have sitting here already.
20211101_192432.jpg

Back