Brewery Name Help Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goaliemanpat

Reaction score
So we have built a Keezer but now we need a clever brewery name to stick into our tap label inserts. The problem is we arent very clever and have trouble deciding on names ( it took us days to figure out what to name our cats ) so I am turning here for help.

Heres some info to maybe help your creative genius:
First name Pat last name Moses
Live in Michigan
Love most all sports (soccer and hockey especially)
Big Red Wings and US Mens soccer team supporter.
Also enjoy computer games
Played soccer into college as a keeper
Always considered myself a nerd/jock hybrid

Any help would be appreciated.

Weird. It's like looking in the mirror. In soccer, I was a goalie. In hockey I was a goalie and defenseman. I'm also a nerd (mechanical engineer).

Sorry I don't have any names for you, though.

TiberGoWingsBrew

I am not very clever which is why I don't have a cool name for my garage.
However, I second Empty Net Brewing. If you plan to go pro or something one day then perhaps consider that in Michigan Empty NEST Brewing exists. Not the same, no doubt, but easily misunderstood in casual conversation. If you just want a cool name for your tap handles, I definitely like Empty Net Brewing.

I am not very clever which is why I don't have a cool name for my garage.
However, I second Empty Net Brewing. If you plan to go pro or something one day then perhaps consider that in Michigan Empty NEST Brewing exists. Not the same, no doubt, but easily misunderstood in casual conversation. If you just want a cool name for your tap handles, I definitely like Empty Net Brewing.

Add your details, maybe we can come up with something clever for you as well. This should probably be an running thread. Cool idea!

Add your details, maybe we can come up with something clever for you as well. This should probably be an running thread. Cool idea!

Yes! I need a name for my "brewery". My first batch should be ready in a week but I haven't thought of a good name for the brewery yet.

Details: First name Joey, last name Spain. From Georgia and went to Georgia Tech. I work in wealth management as a CFP/CPA. I like to run and have 4 kids. Outside of that I don't have many hobbies I would consider Brewery-name worthy. Favorite breweries include SweetWater, Lagunitas and Boulevard, if that helps.

I tried coming up with something GT-related and considered having a theme of naming my beers with a periodic chart symbol label. But now, I'm open to whatever.

My front runners for now are Spain City Brewing, House of Spain Brewing and RamblinWreck Brewing.

Yes! I need a name for my "brewery". My first batch should be ready in a week but I haven't thought of a good name for the brewery yet.

Details: First name Joey, last name Spain. From Georgia and went to Georgia Tech. I work in wealth management as a CFP/CPA. I like to run and have 4 kids. Outside of that I don't have many hobbies I would consider Brewery-name worthy. Favorite breweries include SweetWater, Lagunitas and Boulevard, if that helps.

I tried coming up with something GT-related and considered having a theme of naming my beers with a periodic chart symbol label. But now, I'm open to whatever.

My front runners for now are Spain City Brewing, House of Spain Brewing and RamblinWreck Brewing.

Have you considered Yellow Jacket Brewing? Maybe something with Swarm in the name? Swarm Brewing, Swarm Brew Co., etc...?)

looks like you might have it covered, but I'll put a spin on Moses parting the lake and soccer.

Split the Pitch Brewery

I considered Yellow Jacket Brewing and other overt GT names, but a lot of my friends are UGA guys and I figured they wouldn't want to drink something so blatantly GT-themed. Maybe something more subtle, but still Tech related, like Whiskey Clear Brewing? Is it weird to have 'Whiskey' in a brew name?

edit: It's so much easier to come up with good beer names. I have a laundry list of names I want to use for the actual beers.

goaliemanpat
Yellow Card Brewing
Penalty Box Ale House
Golden Glove Brewing

jspain3
Buzzed CPA Ales and Lagers

For the OP -

Don't know about your religious status and don't really care...but with a name like Moses there are two that leap to mind for me...

Stone Tablet brewing
Burning Bush brewing

Unless you'd really not want to bring the religion into it :)

Mitten and Sweater Brewing - Logo with the Michigan "mitten" and a Red Wings sweater

(might be covered by trademark but...) Wing Nut Brewing

5 For Fighting Brewery

Cross-checking Hops and Barley

Pat's Slapshot Brewing

Promised Land Brewry, perhaps? Then, of course, you would have to come up with a "Milk and Honey" or "Manna" Ale.....

Penalty Box Brewing
Snow Day Brewing
South Canada Brewing
Lighthouse Brewing (according to Wikipedia, Michigan has more lighthouses than any other state)

Latest posts

Back