Bottle Bombs for her Birthday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willy_Liverdye

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wort may be an inconvenience but my bottle bombs are deadly.

My wife just had her 50th Birthday (easy fellas...she doesn't look a day over 30) and prior to preparing myself for the evening (easy) I felt the need to pasteurize eight 22oz bottles of hard cider. Having read that 15 min at 150 deg would do the trick I filled up the kettle with water and bottled cider...and a thermometer.

Time slipped by as we enjoyed some Patron and one thing led to another...Yada, yada, yada...Oh ****! My cider...It's boiling! Turn off the stove!

Whew, that was close I thought as I turned to my wife...Took three steps and !!BOOM!! Ah! I'm hit My natural instinct is to protect the ones I love and as I bear-hug my wife !!BOOM!! KABOOM...

Glass embedded in the ceiling, the wall, and my neck. Broken glass everywhere. Later I find glass that flew about 15 feet down the hall, turned the corner and landed in the front bathroom.

A lesson learned: Patron, pasteurizing, and nooky don't mix.

Now before any of you question my...stamina...It was a big kettle with lots of water. Cold water.

Wow.... Sounds like you were definitely "In Cider".... Yeah I know....... I'll go stand in the corner now!

Difference between you and me....... I woulda had 12 minutes left over to supervise that 15 minute pasteurization process.....

Wow.... Sounds like you were definitely "In Cider".... Yeah I know....... I'll go stand in the corner now!

Difference between you and me....... I woulda had 12 minutes left over to supervise that 15 minute pasteurization process.....

Woke up a little hung over this morning... now I feel worse. :D

Questioning the combination of my maturity and love of bad puns as I probably laughed too hard at this

My wort may be an inconvenience but my bottle bombs are deadly.

My wife just had her 50th Birthday (easy fellas...she doesn't look a day over 30) and prior to preparing myself for the evening (easy) I felt the need to pasteurize eight 22oz bottles of hard cider. Having read that 15 min at 150 deg would do the trick I filled up the kettle with water and bottled cider...and a thermometer.

Time slipped by as we enjoyed some Patron and one thing led to another...Yada, yada, yada...Oh ****! My cider...It's boiling! Turn off the stove!

Whew, that was close I thought as I turned to my wife...Took three steps and !!BOOM!! Ah! I'm hit My natural instinct is to protect the ones I love and as I bear-hug my wife !!BOOM!! KABOOM...

Glass embedded in the ceiling, the wall, and my neck. Broken glass everywhere. Later I find glass that flew about 15 feet down the hall, turned the corner and landed in the front bathroom.

A lesson learned: Patron, pasteurizing, and nooky don't mix.

Now before any of you question my...stamina...It was a big kettle with lots of water. Cold water.

This one gets my vote for the "HBT 2014 Most Comical Post" even though Psylocide went into "Fish Story Telling Mode" in that last sentence (lol)!!! :D

Back