Bev-Seal Ultra Line Length Poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those with 3/16" ID Bev-Seal Ultra lines, how long are your beer lines?

• Total voters

BIGRUGBY

Reaction score
Ordered Bev-Seal Ultra lines for my new kegging setup. Not a whole lot that I could easily find about line length and resistance, and then what I found was a lot of people saying both 10 feet and 20 feet works for them. So in order to potentially save me 10' of line and a lot of headache from going through the effort to put 20' lines on, find out they pour too slow, then cut them down to 10' and get a cup of foam.... I figured I'd take a poll!
My taps will be at the height of the top of the kegs, at regular fridge temperatures (35-40°ish), and at a generic 12 psi.

When I bought mine from Ritebrew, I asked them to cut them into 15' sections. They added a foot and gave me 16' lines, and that worked well in my system. I typically keep the beer at around 10 psi and I got good pours.

On the other hand, the lines weren't always too easy to deal with (they're pretty stiff) so I swapped them out for the Eva Barrier lines. I think I'm using about 6' on those, and they curl up really well.

You should have ordered EVA barrier line. Much better than Bev seal ultra.
I used bev seal ultra for about two years. Too hard to deal with and too fn stiff.
They are better than the cheap vinyl lines and if you use the duo tight fittings will make your life way easier.

Indeed :) Unless something even better comes around by then.

As for the original question, I've never used Ultra 235 but I would say from the preponderance of testimonials on HBT that 18' of the "3/16" ID line would be a good place to start...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back