Best beer stores in San Diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcclai7

Reaction score
I am Going to San Diego very soon! The list of breweries I have been told to check out includes: Stone, White Labs, Ballast Point, Alpine, Green Flash, Pizza Port and Alesmith. Might not make all of them, but I'm sure I'll have fun regardless.

Here's the deal. I want to take as much beer back with me as possible. I don't want to check a bag or fool with taking beer on the plane in anyway. I've heard the best thing to do is just go to a beer store that ships buy your beer there and then have them ship it to you. Its legal, you don't have to pay for packaging and they will likely pack it better than you would have.

Does anybody know a great beer store in San Diego that ships? If not, I can print my own label and go to Fed-ex but I would prefer the first method.

Thanks

I haven't the faintest idea if this place ships or not (maybe call and ask?):

http://knbwinecellars.com

But they do have a hell of a taplist, a big selection of bottles, decent grub, and it's near my house. It's not really near any of those other places, but if you are staying in Mission Valley/Hotel Circle, it's just a few miles East down the 8.

If Pizza Port is on your list anyway, go to the one in Carlsbad. They have their own bottle shop next door with a pretty incredible selection. Not sure if they ship, though.

Back