BeerMenus - NYC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefMichael01

Reaction score
For anyone in the NYC area, you should sign up for the free bi-weekly (ish) email from Beer Menus - Find Great Beer in New York City

I've been subscribed for a while and it is a great resource. Here is today's email if anyone is interested. :mug:
----
BeerMenus Lists
We just launched a new lists feature. You can create a list of places or beers or browse the lists people already created.

Here are a few of our favorite lists so far:

Places to drink great beer next to a fireplace
Places To Get Growlers: Fresh Draft Beer At Home!
Beers you must try while visiting New York
A Taste of Pennsylvania
If you like Guinness, you might also like...
Upcoming Beer Events in New York City
January
08, Thu: 6:00PM: Smuttynose Night at Barcade

10, Sat: 20:00PM: SNL with 'The Frank Stalloners' at Rattle 'N' Hum

12, Mon: 6:30PM: New England Brewing Night at The Diamond

12, Mon: 6:30PM: Trappist Feast at Resto ($200.00)

14, Wed: 6:00PM: Southern Tier Winterfest at Standings

15, Thu: 5:00PM: Allagash Night at Sycamore

15, Thu: 5:00PM: Dark Side of Beer at Lazy Boy Saloon & Ale House

15, Thu: 6:00PM: Southern Tier Brewery Event at Safe Haven Bar & Grill

19, Mon: 8:00PM: Unibroue Beer and Food Tasting at Lazy Boy Saloon & Ale House

20, Tue: 6:00PM: Southern Tier Tasting at Rattle 'N' Hum

20, Tue: 7:00PM: Beers, Bowling & Brooklyn at The Gutter

22, Thu: 7:00PM: Unibroue Beer Dinner at The 76 House

22, Thu: 6:00PM: Midwest Beer Night at Barcade

22, Thu: 7:00PM: Flying Dog Goes Wild at Hop Devil Grill

25, Sun: 5:00PM: 4TH ANNUAL BLUE HILL AT STONE BARNS SAUSAGE AND BEER DINNER at Blue Hill Farms at Stone Hill ($190.00)

26, Mon: 6:00PM: 4TH ANNUAL BLUE HILL AT STONE BARNS SAUSAGE AND BEER DINNER at Blue Hill Farms ($150.00)

27, Tue: 6:00PM: Brooklyn Brewmaster Reserve Night at Bar Great Harry

27, Tue: 7:00PM: Civilization of Beer First Ever Beer Pairing Dinners at Restaurant Daniel NYC at Daniel ($135.00)

28, Wed: 12:00PM: Harviestoun Ola Dubh..12, 18, 30 & 40 year old tasting at Rattle 'N' Hum

28, Wed: 7:00PM: Civilization of Beer First Ever Beer Pairing Dinners at Restaurant Daniel NYC at Daniel at Restaurant Daniel ($135.00)

February
08, Sun: 18:00PM: Super Bowl Keg Party! at Rattle 'N' Hum

09, Mon: 8:00PM: South Hampton Brewery Night at Lazy Boy Saloon & Ale House

10, Tue: 6:00PM: Dogfish Head Brewery Night at Bar Great Harry

23, Mon: 8:00PM: Dogfish Brewery Night at Lazy Boy Saloon & Ale House

24, Tue: 6:00PM: Stoudt's Brewery Night at Bar Great Harry

March
10, Tue: 6:00PM: Avery Brewery Night at Bar Great Harry

Maybe it's karma. We New Yorkers have to suffer without a LHBS, but we at least get this...

Thanks for posting!

I was thinking strictly along the lines of beer karma, but i know what you mean. We have to put up with ridiculous commutes on the subway and what is our reward for that? I'm really not sure. Maybe it's the entertainment from the occasional crazy. I saw a bum on the subway platform at 125th last week who was down on one knee proposing marriage to a steel column.

kevmoron,

I don't really see the subway as a punishment, it beats waiting in traffic and at least I can read a book while I'm waiting to get to work. But if you really want to count some more points on the positive side of beer karma make your way out to bierkraft in Park Slope if you haven't been already: hundreds of quality imports, microbrews grouped by geographic region, over a dozen beers available from counterpressure filled growlers plus another 3 real ales available in growlers... and they have weekly beer and cheese tastings in the summer.

The beer room at the Bowery Whole Foods is also fairly nice.

Oh, and we have the best restauarants in the country. Not having a LHBS is still mindbogglingly ridiculous, but all things considered there's no where else in the country I'd rather live and it's really not even close.

Back