beer weekend in Portland ME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmshipe

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my wife and I at Cantillon in Brussels, 2007
enhance

My wife is a true beer fanatic for the last 15 years. Her favorites are old-world Belgian ales: Gueuze, Kriek, Lambic, Saison, and Belgian blondes and dark strong ales.

She was recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and will soon never be able to drink a beer again for the rest of her life.

I'm trying to plan an impromptu weekend away in Portland for one last beer hoorah. I'm looking for advice on the best places to find the kinds of beers she likes to drink. Hop heads need not apply :)

I've got Allagash, MBC, and Oxbow Blending on the list. What else should we not miss???

Definitely Allagash, one the best breweries I’ve been to plus still offer complimentary tastings.

There’s four or so breweries right in the industrial area that allagash is in - check out http://foundationbrew.com - great beers, they make a great Saison

Then downtown Portland there is a place called The Mash Tun that has a great selection of local beers on tap and a solid homemade veggie burger

Back