Beer Tap Fountain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sconsi

Reaction score
As some of you know, I turned my back patio into a Biergarten a few years ago, and I have constantly been making improvements ever since. My latest idea of insanity was to put in a fountain that looks like a beer tap. I've seen a few pictures online and this addition will also save me from 16 sq feet of weeding.

The fountain will use a pond pump to take water from the basin and then up to a series of taps at the top, which will then pour the water down constantly from the taps. It'll be decorative, peaceful, and badass.

I managed to finish most of it this weekend, but still need to put in the taps before it is finished. I'm also planning on making a tile mosaic sign to hang in the middle that says "Beir vom Fass" to give it a little something else. Not completely done yet, but it's coming together.

Cool idea. You should add some food coloring to the water to make it look like beer......LOL
I am looking forward to seeing the end result. :mug:

Cool idea. You should add some food coloring to the water to make it look like beer......LOL
I am looking forward to seeing the end result. :mug:

I had that exact same idea. I was also looking into ways of making the water appear more foamy to give the water even more of a beer look.

I like that idea... They did it a few years back at Monks House of Ale Repute in Sioux Falls, SD. I think it used a copper rain gutter instead of a "pond" at the bottom (it was entirely installed on the wall), this is the only picture I could find...

Monks_1.jpg

Back