Beer Dinner round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipman

Reaction score
Tonight myself and my brewing budding are putting on another beer dinner. 8 homebrews paired with tasty dishes and desserts! It'll be my second to host, but with more folks than before. We're hoping for 15-20. Anyone else host beer dinners? Great to have gallons of tasty beer on hand but I like our efforts to culminate with good brews and tasty foods.

Our lineup is:

Maibock / pretzels and german mustard for an appetizer

Extra Pale Ale / Falafel

Kolsch / salad with cranberry, blucheese, and walnuts

Chamomile Agave Wheat / salmon fillet

Dusseldorf Altbier / roast pork shoulder with apple and sauerkraut

Arrogant Bastard Clone / baby bbq sandwiches

Robust Porter / dark chocolate cake with plums

Brown Porter / cheese from our cheesemonger friend ( don't know what yet)

Digestives: Berkshire Brewing Co Holidale Barleywine, Snake River Brewing Le Serpent Flanders Sour, Big Honkin Stout homebrew, and Double Chamomile Agave Wheat

So psyched!

Hope you had a blast! I'm curious, did you do tasting size glasses? Even with food, 8 beers is a lot for one night, especially if you want to be able to taste the last few :)

Aye i got some 5.5 oz glasses from the local pub here, perfect size for 8 courses. 40 oz considering head space so 2-3 pints per person. everyone was fat 'n happy at the end of the night! great success and i'm psyched to start planning the next!

what cheese did you end up with? a brown porter needs a good strong cheese to contend with.

Ended up with a (don't remember either of the names) smooth semi hard cheese with coffee in it for the robust porter, and had a somewhat tangy blu with a stout instead of the brown porter. Needed a bigger beer to stand up to the blu!

Chipman,

thanks for sharing the pairings. that sounds like a great night. I'm not sure whether to get up to get a beer or make something tasty. In retrospect how did things match up? Would you change anything?

jason

Back