Basic Brewing Radio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birvine

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I am in no way affiliated with BBR or BBV.

My serious return to beer brewing happened after I had stumbled upon a brewing podcast. I downloaded each and every past episode, and loaded them into the iPod. My work entails quite a lot of driving - usually 50 to 100 km out and then back home again. Thus, my total driving time is one or two hours. What better than to listen to roughly-roughly one-hour podcasts covering all kinds of topics about brewing, from basic to less basic? After a few episodes I was so gung ho to get back to brewing more than 2 batches per year. I got the confidence to move into kegging and to experiment with recipes.

The reason I put this thread into the beginner forum, is that I would highly recommend Basic Brewing radio podcasts for new brewers. Do what I did, and download them all, then listen to them as you drive, or ride, or before bed or in a hotel, or on a plane (you get the idea!). HBT is fantastic; BBR is, too. Listen and learn!

B

Thanks for the advice, I love threads that help point a beginning brewer like myself to some of the better learning aides available, I have a mid shift tonight that I basically sit at a desk for 8 hrs, so I have some good material to take with me now!

I listen to Basic Brewing Monday - Friday, on my way to and from work. Since September, I have listened to two episodes a day (I have a 45 mile commute each way), and have learned an unbelievable amount. Their show has encouraged me to try new things, and to experiment with my brewing.

I would encourage every new brewer to start listening to their show from Episode 1 and to work your way through the archives. It has helped me tremendously. Their DVDs are great as well, I've seen the extract and all-grain DVDs.

Thanks for the advice, I love threads that help point a beginning brewer like myself to some of the better learning aides available, I have a mid shift tonight that I basically sit at a desk for 8 hrs, so I have some good material to take with me now!

May I be so bold as to suggest viewing Home Brewer TV.

www.homebrewerTV.com

Gary

Gary (et al),

Not bold at all. I hope you took no offense in my mentioning BBR and not HBTV (I was by no means slighting your excellent programme). I regularly see you mention your latest video which I then usually watch that same evening - and am quite enjoying them and the older ones (in order to catch up) - maybe I was being presumptuous in thinking that everyone else spends as much time on HBT as I do (LOL) and would know about HBTV. I rarely see any comments about BBR so decided to mention it for anyone who was not in-the-know.

Both BBR and HBTV are invaluable resources for new and not-so-new brewers - I quite enjoy and learn from both.

B

Gary (et al),

Not bold at all. I hope you took no offense in my mentioning BBR and not HBTV (I was by no means slighting your excellent programme). I regularly see you mention your latest video which I then usually watch that same evening - and am quite enjoying them and the older ones (in order to catch up) - maybe I was being presumptuous in thinking that everyone else spends as much time on HBT as I do (LOL) and would know about HBTV. I rarely see any comments about BBR so decided to mention it for anyone who was not in-the-know.

Both BBR and HBTV are invaluable resources for new and not-so-new brewers - I quite enjoy and learn from both.

B

Oh, I took no offense at all! I too enjoy all of the different shows out there.

Ziggybrew, you made my day! Glad you are enjoying the latest BYO! Now, when is the next Grey's Anatomy??!!!!

Back