Banjo Burner Orifice size BG-14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyles609

Reaction score
I've been using a 10" BG-14 for some years on it's own tank and regulator but recently I wanted to split three lines off of one regulator. I bought the Bayou Classic M2HPH Dual Hose Regulator and added another Tee to give it three outputs. I mostly plan to use the burners separately and it's just for ease of use.

The hose that came with it is great but the orifice is too small and the burner keeps flaming out. I've installed an adapter to go from the 1/8" npt to 1/4" npt on the burner. What size drill bit should I drill it out with so it matches the BG-14 orifice?

This seems like the easiest solution instead of spending more money on a 3/8" flare hose.

Just so everyone knows, I realize the orifice size on the Bayou 5235 is not the orifice size for the BG-14 and I cant find any info except that the 5235 Orifice #57 is for BG-12 and lower.

Thanks for your input.

Back