Anyone with Stout Kettles figure out a screen or separator for hops and trub?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdude76

Reaction score
I have had these for years, only use pellet hops and just let the hops and trub into the fermenter.

Just wondering what others are doing.

I have had these for years, only use pellet hops and just let the hops and trub into the fermenter.

Just wondering what others are doing.
at the end of my boil I do a whirlpool while it flows thru my counter flow chiller and all the hops and trub settles at the middle of my kettle since I have a trub dam at the exit of my kettle.

We use a filter at the brewery . Connects to the plate chiller . I have to stop flow and change the screen out , then finish transferring. It works really good.

Our stout tank has a little low point but it's not enough. We don't have the pump outlet hooked up yet for the whirlpool.
It's a Stout 3bbl

Last edited:
We use a filter at the brewery . Connects to the plate chiller . I have to stop flow and change the screen out , then finish transferring. It works really good.

Our stout tank has a little low point but it's not enough. We don't have the pump outlet hooked up yet for the whirlpool.
It's a Stout 3bbl
I have a 3gal stout hop back. When I do use it I add a hop sock, but it clogs so fast that I bypass it partially through. Maybe I need a Ridgid screen I can dump when full during the chill??

Mine is a 20 gallon E-kettle by ss brewtech double o ring removable 90degree fitting with a flat rubber piece

Back