Anyone perfected a Pineapple Hard Cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toy4Rick

Reaction score
Hey all

Tried the ACE Pineapple Hard Cider... delish

Anyone perfected a recipe yet?

I have 2 months to get something ready :ban:

Thanks in advance
Rick

I have read on here before that pineapple doesn't ferment well, it loses all the pineapple flavor.

Thanks,

Yes I have read also that it doesn't ferment well and a few others said it did great. Trying to decide, do I add after primary is done or back sweeten after it's kegged.

Well, I have 5 gals of hard cider going now so I have a few weeks to decide

Thanks again
Rick

There was a club that had an amazing pineapple cider at Homebrewcon 2015 in Baltimore. They said that they would be publishing the recipe on their club website. Unfortunately, I don't remember what club it was. I think they were from New York.
I checked the sites of the clubs that were there from New York a few months later but I couldn't find it at the time. It's possible that they've published it since then.

You might try adding the pineapple to the secondary -You are still (obviously) fermenting it, but in the secondary you are more likely to keep more of the fruit flavors, and then using pineapple to back sweeten will help bring out even more of the pineapple flavor... but as people have suggested pineapple is not the easiest fruit to ferment in a delightful way.

I've made some small batches with some success. My first batch, I did not leave enough headspace and did not strain out much pineapple pulp. The pulp was collected and suspended in the krausen and created a mess in the blow off. After it settled a bit I put the airlock on. It wasn't as tasty as the Ace pineapple but drank well. I did not use peptic enzyme. Next time I might to improve the clarity.

Back