Any idea what kind of yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcleanmj

Reaction score
I've started harvesting yeast from cans of my favorite NEIPAs. I'm trying to make a beer similar to this one and I'm using the yeast harvested from this beer.
https://www.2crowsbrewing.com/shop/bedlam-bridge
No idea what it is but I guessed London ale iii or similar. To harvest the yeast I made a mini starter in a Mason jar, the thing went nuts and left a krausen ring in the jar. I then made a starter a little over 2 liters inside a gallon jug, shaking but no stir bar. This thing went off like wild and the krausen filled up and overflowed the jug (picture below).

I brewed a double NEIPA and pitched a huge slurry from the starter. It was bubbling like wild 9 hours later.

I'm in an apartment so I ferment my beers in a cool bag fermentation cooler with frozen bottles. In the morning before I went to work I checked on it, it was at 68 degrees. I added a fresh 2 liter of ice. When I got home it was bubbling like a F*ing machine gun and up to 75/77 degrees! I've never seen anything so aggressive. It's not been 48 hours since I pitched the yeast and fermentation is already slowing down. Anyone know a NEIPA strain like this? Could it be kviek? The smell coming from airlock is similar to London ale iii but more subtle/muted.

Attachments

• 20210215_200547.jpg
    20210215_200547.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
After doing a little more digging I found this if anyone is interested in this beer or yeast:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210219-084323_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210219-084323_Chrome.jpg
    995.7 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back