• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Angram beer engine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMullan

wort maker
Reaction score
I'm selling one of my beer engines, as it's superfluous to my needs and I'd rather it got used. It's a 1/4 pint pull/cylinder with cooling jacket. It's in excellent condition (reconditioned by Angram) and comes with a new demand valve, tubing and John Guest fittings (worth in excess of €50) to connect up to a liquid disconnect. I'd prefer to sell it to someone in (in order of preference) Norway, the Nordic region or elsewhere in the EU, to keep export simple. Price is €125 plus shipping. Sent as 'gift' below any limit on import value 😉

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

No one interested? This is priced to sell. You won't find a deal like this anywhere, including in Britain. If it isn't sold by the end of February, I'll ship it outside the EU, to the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. It's pretty easy to partially disassemble for packing and safe transport. Then very easy to reassemble.

I wish mine was 1/4 pint. I waste a lot of beer in order to clear the pump of stale beer or water, if I've just cleaned it. If I were a publican, 1/2 pint would be great, but it's in my home bar. At least it's just a low gravity bitter that I'm wasting.

I checked current standard international shipping rates (outside Europe from Norway) and it's increased so much (above higher costs due to global supply-chain issues) I've decided I won't be shipping outside Europe after all. I refuse to sponsor any form of profiteering, including Norwegian oligarchs. It's an absolute bloody rip-off. Norway, that is. They need to join the EU. That'll sort them out.

You could get a reconditioned beer engine (the same as I'm selling) direct from Angram for less in the UK. Like a lot of reputable businesses, they've had to reduce prices to get through the impact of the last couple years. eBay.co.uk is another potential source, but a bit hit-and-miss sometimes. I'd try Angram for a reconditioned unit first.

Is this still available?
Sorry, no. Sold, I'm afraid. Your best bet, considering the eye-watering markup prices in the States, is to import one from the UK. Try a reconditioned unit direct from Angram first. Hopefully they'll ship to the States. Just ask them, they're usually helpful. Although they seem to be going through some business changes at the moment. There's Home page - Hand Pumps, Beer Pumps, Fonts, Gas Regulators, Cask Craft Ale, Beer Engines, Spares, Aspirator Breather as well. Otherwise there's one or two reputable sellers on ebay.co.uk who seem to sell beer engines. I'd avoid buying one off a home brewer (unless his name's McMullan), as the chances are there's something wrong with the pump. It's not worth taking a risk, especially if importing one.

Sorry, no. Sold, I'm afraid. Your best bet, considering the eye-watering markup prices in the States, is to import one from the UK. Try a reconditioned unit direct from Angram first. Hopefully they'll ship to the States. Just ask them, they're usually helpful. Although they seem to be going through some business changes at the moment. There's Home page - Hand Pumps, Beer Pumps, Fonts, Gas Regulators, Cask Craft Ale, Beer Engines, Spares, Aspirator Breather as well. Otherwise there's one or two reputable sellers on ebay.co.uk who seem to sell beer engines. I'd avoid buying one off a home brewer (unless his name's McMullan), as the chances are there's something wrong with the pump. It's not worth taking a risk, especially if importing one.
You're right. I have one I lowballed the seller on eBay for and am cleaning up for eventually 'properly' serving cask-style ales. I was in a position to 'invest' in a backup unit.

Any stories about seller normannumpa? He’s got 7 refurbed units at a decent price.
thanks
I can't say, is his feedback good (as a seller)? The picture of the engine is nicer than what mine looked like and the price US is barely over what I paid delivered for mine. Might be a bargain.

I gotta say his eBay looks really good. I would have spent the extra $25 on what he wants for the jacketed pump he has now over what I spent.

Back