Airlock stops at Fermentation Day 10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In addition, D47 has a stated tolerance of 15% and if the kit has proper nutrients it can push several points beyond that stated limitation.

I know that 71B is stated at 14%, but I have a lovely Mesquite honey with pineapple that topped out at 17.3%. @NightCrow713 will have to let us know how this finishes out on fermentation and the fruit taste.

In addition, D47 has a stated tolerance of 15% and if the kit has proper nutrients it can push several points beyond that stated limitation.

I know that 71B is stated at 14%, but I have a lovely Mesquite honey with pineapple that topped out at 17.3%. @NightCrow713 will have to let us know how this finishes out on fermentation and the fruit taste.

Surprisingly ...Gallon #1 airlock started bubbling again

Go with the hydrometer reading and when its stable for a week or so, you should be sure that primary fermentation is completed. Atmospheric pressure differences between inside and outside or fermentation vessel could be responsible for the bubbles.

As stated above, when you add your fruit you will be indirectly adding water which will lower the ABV and if the yeast stopped because of alcohol level they may start up again to work on the sugar in your fruit.

Craft a Brew says they did a cocktail of different types of nutrients....DAP, Fermaid K, and Potassium Carbonate. So that is why both jugs arent acting the same. Their nutrients I used in Gallon 1 is clearing more quicker than Gallon 2

The clearing of #1 is more that the yeast is done and dropping out of solution than anything to do with the nutrients used. :mug:

Maybe a little late, but I don't think it would hurt anything. I don't think you would want to use too much. I haven't used peptic enzyme, but my meager understanding is it is used to reduce the methyl Alcohol by breaking down the pectin prior to fermentation. Put it in there and see what it does.

Back