Adapter from commercial sanke coupler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hootowl

Reaction score
Is there such a thing that, without disconnecting lines, a taproom can connect to a sanke fitting that duplicates the top of the sanke keg and has the two ball lock tubes and couplers.
This way a bartender can simply connect the bars sanke coupler to this adapter and then plug the ball locks into a ballock keg?

They go the other way, Sanke adapter that can be hooked to ball lock gas and liquid to allow Sanke kegs to be used in home kegerators. But I guess there’s not much demand the other way for commercial bars to take homebrew kegs.

8D86E569-907A-4CF7-B0D7-7DD8F631E987.jpeg

Please re-read th original post.
Please type it in another way. It's very confusing. You want to link a corny keg to a Sankey keg via a Sankey coupler? I'm guessing you aim to supply beer in a corny keg to a bar that uses standard Sankey kegs. Option #1 supply the beer in a Sankey keg. The simplest option. Option #2 bar has dedicated serving line(s) with ball lock disconnect(s). A relatively simple option.
Option #3 splice a ball lock disconnect in the bar's beer line, with an inline shut-off valve to isolate the Sankey coupler when not serving from a Sankey keg. The complicated option, aka a PITA.

Option 4: unscrew the gas and liquid lines from the sanke coupler and attach them to ball lock fittings using the adapters day trippr posted above. Would take all of 2 minutes.

The way you asked it is assuming that you'd leave the sanke coupler in place on the gas and liquid lines but that's just a bit ambitious. Making a SANKE flange to ball lock adapter would be a pretty complicated piece and unnecessary since threading off the beer nuts is a one minute task.

They go the other way, Sanke adapter that can be hooked to ball lock gas and liquid to allow Sanke kegs to be used in home kegerators. But I guess there’s not much demand the other way for commercial bars to take homebrew kegs.

View attachment 781207

What is displayed would be the simplest way to dispense taproom sanke keg to corny keg provided you had a gas line that terminated with a grey ball lock QD. The beer/bev side is just a black-to-black jumper line.

I have seen folks use in-line gas QDs in their keezers, perhaps similar could be utilized on the gas line to make the "direct draw" method simple?

There are 2L/4L and up SS mini kegs that could be great substitutes for growlers for home fill in tap rooms. Sure you could just use the screw cap and then purge when you get home, but if you brought the carb-cap, they could close xfer for you.

I do see that the OP wants an adapter so that connection can be to a ball lock keg, I'm wondering if they mean connected to it in the same way a corney keg is connected up.
I use the @bwible method on my sanke couplers and it works very well. There's no need to bring another type of keg into the system to achieve this.
But the problem description is confusing which makes helping with a solution more difficult.

Last edited:
Is there such a thing that, without disconnecting lines, a taproom can connect to a sanke fitting that duplicates the top of the sanke keg and has the two ball lock tubes and couplers.
This way a bartender can simply connect the bars sanke coupler to this adapter and then plug the ball locks into a ballock keg?
Maybe you can go for a cleaning sockets like these: Keg Coupler Adapter for Beer Line Cleaning Kit | MoreBeer
It tooks nothing more than attach a ball lock connector. Of course there are designed with cleaning purposes so there is the possibility of a turbulence/foam party.

Sin título.png

Maybe you can go for a cleaning sockets like these: Keg Coupler Adapter for Beer Line Cleaning Kit | MoreBeer
It tooks nothing more than attach a ball lock connector. Of course there are designed with cleaning purposes so there is the possibility of a turbulence/foam party.

View attachment 781291

That's a liquid only deal. No way to get gas through.

As of right now, the only way to inject a ball lock keg into a SANKE based kegerator without modifying/cutting the lines is this:

https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/fflxbeerthread.htm
Again, it only requires loosening the beer nuts on the coupler which is not any kind of permanent modification and the coupler can be threaded back on after the corny keg serving is done.

Last edited:
Back