Aaaahhh.... Home.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LupusUmbrus said:
Heya!

Who said you couldn't ever go back? ;)

Welcome to my personal site LupusUmbrus. Despite my small amount of posts on HomeBrewTalk I'm glad the Forum Administrators agreed with the rest of the US that my querky mix of Brit Humour, Germanic Understanding, (and above all) an unhealthy fixation with the 'Love Boat' 1970's TV Show warrants a whole new section.....

Your sentences are much too consice. They neither ramble, nor mumble.

Mods, please move this thread to the appropriate forum.

What , exactly, is an unhealthy fixation with Love Boat? That Julie Mc Coy was way purty, and nobody better not say NOTHIN' about no Issac the Bartender ! I swear ! It'll get ugly in here real fast ! :mad:
That said, I'd like to add that I'm very happy to see a place on this esteemed forum where the brewing brothers ( and sisters) can let their hair down and not mess up anyone's serious thread. I know it's got to be annoying to be in need and post a serious question only to have some drunk A. hole jump in on it to play around with his buddies. I've done this many times ( been the A. hole ). I apologize to those I've messed up.
I think, to set the tone for this column, I'd like to say: don't even try a serious post here. That's not what it's for ! If you happen to be inebriated, or otherwise mentally impaired ( and some of us just ARE), welcome . You're among friends.
I'd like to take the oppurtunity to thank the man from whose twisted, beer-soaked mind this idea was born. Sudster, you're the man! I'd like to thank Txbrew for making the dream a reality. Keith, you, too ,are the man ! Guess that makes you guys The Men. The rest of us will just bask in your glow.

Thank You,
Sudimer J. Monkey, Esq.

Sudsmonkey, Thanks for the humbling mumblings. Yes, this is the place to take your hat off, put your feet up and ramble on. Waitress, we're here again... bring us a round!

Thought I was going to have to drink alone Saturday night, but, unlike a few of us, EL. P. shined through and bellied up. He didn't stay long though , must of been my choice of music or his choice of drink. Anyway had a good time in the mumbling section.

Sorry I missed Saturday. Went to the local seafood festival and heard one of my buddies playin some of that bluegrass . I know, bluegrass is the Debbil ! Finished out the night with Mrs. Monkey, Mrs. Monkey Jr. and one of the girls from work in the Muddy Udder. That's the local bar, also our shed. We went through a jug of my peach wine and discussed the subtle movements of the Earth.

Ah, Bluegrass over Brewtalk...shame on the Monkey. (first nine notes of Duelling Banjos ) . OK, let me make sure I understand your post .You were in the shed with three women whom had association to the evils of muddy udders and while drinking peach wine the earth moved? Kewl! Sounds like a choice I'd make.

Ummmm Hmmmmm ! ( next nine notes of Duelling Banjos) We had a good time sittin' at the bar and talkin' things over. I was thinking of how much I wanted to be here with you guys, though . Must've thought of it at least once.

I really missed you guys for a minute ! Maybe if I move the computer to the shed......Get the shed moved closer to the house..... Virtual drinking buddies are better than the real thing. We may get drunk, but we never fight. There's no danger of you drinking my last beer or puking on my shoes. I won't wake your family up late at night to see if you want to come out drinking. I'll never fall on your furniture and break it. When I get to be too much, you can simply log off and leave me on my own. Ain't technology grand ?

Yeah ! Just think, without it we'd still be crapping in the woods, cooking our meat over an open flame, and drinking homebrew ! Wait ! Uh...... I'm sure technology IS good for something. I guess you just don't mess with some things.

( Monkey draws a blank and stares at the screen trying in vain to decipher Sudster's last entry. Crickets can be heard faintly chirping in the woods as the children fight over the Playstation in the other room. The chickens move and settle in the barn as the Monkey stares stupidly at the screen. Think, dammit ! Think ! Does he mean the newspaper carrier? Can't be. He didn't use the S. Faced icon, so we must assume he's in control of his thoughts. The answer is simple ! You'll feel stupid if you don't get it. Try this....)
What? :cross:

Stupid Monkey ! You left out a comma. I read Paper Man, instead of Paper, Man. I'm not one to criticize punctuation. Hell, I use too much of it. Can you feel my pain and confusion over this situation ? I must agree, it beats bark.

OH, now I see the confusion. :D Your were thinking Paper Man as in and Older Paper Boy..Yeah, I get the disconnect....a comma...hmmmmm . I have noticed that your puctuation is quite good. Is this because of extensive training or MS Word?

Once upon a time, when I was but a wee Monkey fresh out of smoking dope behind the shop in highschool, I was going to be an English teacher. Don't tell the rest of the guys, but I wanted to teach British Literature ( Ahhh ! The unexplained affection for the Brits is explained !). I had worked on trawlers and a tugboat and could weld metal like a fiend. Teaching seemed to beat the hell out of working for a living. I went up to one of them colleges. They took a perfectly good white boy and taught him composition and proper grammar. If it hadn't been for drugs, they'd have probably ruined me completely. I got into cable tv instead. Now the only writing I do consists of things like " Disconnected at pole" or " Blown fuse in amplifier". I get my really good stuff in with you guys. I guess I'm kind of a closet academic. If you want, I'll screw up the punctuation once in a while and mis-spell some stuff. Just let me stay ! :drunk:

No Man!, it is quite obvious where your talents lie. English Lit was one of my hardest subjects. Especially in the College 101's. I just didn't get it. But, with some tutoring I passed. I was good though in machine language..and that's where I started running......

edit (twice) due to ..punctuation..and beer..why should I care what a drunk readss... go figure...

There you go ! Screw the drunks ! Check this out. I'm thinking about a novel. It's about these guys that drink together nightly, only they're not really together ! In fact, they've never even met ! Wierd, huh ?
Gotta turn in. Mrs. Monkey is threatening to turn out the light. :drunk: :D

Bog rolls, Technology, Welding and English Literature in one discussion, finishing with a 'Waltons' quote? I salute you sudsmonkey and Sudster! Can't gripe at that. Marks? 8/10 :D

Polar bear walks into a bar and says "I'll have a pint of ..........................................................................beer please"

Barman replies "Why the big pause?"

Polar bear looks at his wrists and replies "I guess i was just born with them"

Back