50% off nitro miniregulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluketamer

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BXPHXPCJ/ref=ewc_pr_img_2?smid=A1EZP0RSHC4CPF&psc=1
this is a good deal on a nitro miniregulator for coffee and minikegged stout.
make sure you only get the nonthreaded nitro carts. and dont try to use threaded nitro carts in a co2 mini regulator. i have one that will attest to that.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CMF415TG/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A2UHUUWMBAK5DN&th=1and this 30 count at a buck a piece is also pretty good for nitro.

for beer carb up first with co2 then dispense with nitro.
it will be very creamy

🍻

Have you done nitro pours from minikegs before? Do you find that you lose carbonation if you don't hit it with CO2 every so often? Or do you just drink it fast enough to avoid that issue? ;)

eidt - almost forgot: any idea how long a 2g cartridge lasts?

have i done this before? yes . i just ordered the above regulator cause using threaded nitro cartrs in one of my co2 miniregs is what im pretty sure blew off the guage and wont let it go back to zero now.
do i lose carb if i dont hit it every so often- yes. what i find works best is to carb it up to 2 ish vols either with priming sugar or co2 then attach the nitro minireg at set to 15 then wait 6- 12 hours ( but not longer or the co2 in the stout will start to diffuse back into the head space and flaten out the stout. ) then serve. then put it back on co2 when not drinking. dont leave it on nitro. just a few hours before serving. colder the better. its a juggling act. its not exact like getting beer gas. but it gets me nitro pours and gets me two stouts when i brew one. nitro and regular def taste different. . it is definately more creamier than with straight co2 . you need a stout facuet with the little restrictor plate in it also. you will definately get the cascade. the cascade lasts longer with nitro than straight co2 also.
do i drink it fast enough. usually yeas. that why this works. plus i only do this in 5 to 6 liter kegs with little head space. i wouldnt try bigger ones.
it seems to sweeten the stout and cut the bitterness. its divine. anxiously awaiting my regulator cause i havent had a nitro pour since i broke my last co2 mininreg using a nitro cart in it.

how long do the carts last ? the carts are much smaller than co2 whcih helps to id them without labeling them casue they are 1/4 to 1/8 lighter then 8 and 16 g co2 carts. but because of this they go quick. i find i use three nitro carts per 5 liter keg. the above price for carts is cheap at one point the cheapst i could get them was 1.70 a cart and it came to about an extra buck per pint of stout but it was still worth it.

you cant carb with co2 carts as said before or at least i cant. they are great for moving and transfering beer and purgiing small volume pop bottles or keeping pressure in pop bottles with carb caps. those kind of small vol jobs not keg carbing. again you got to carb with co2 then basically infuse and pour with the nitro.

how long do the carts last ? the carts are much smaller than co2 whcih helps to id them without labeling them casue they are 1/4 to 1/8 lighter then 8 and 16 g co2 carts. but because of this they go quick. i find i use three nitro carts per 5 liter keg. the above price for carts is cheap at one point the cheapst i could get them was 1.70 a cart and it came to about an extra buck per pint of stout but it was still worth it.
The link you posted above is for 2gm cartridges, is that what you used to for the 5liter keg?

It seems the standard cartridges for whip-its are 8gm and about half the price. Do you know if that regulator can use the 8gm cartridges?

edit: just noticed different product N2 vsN2O

Last edited:
The link you posted above is for 2gm cartridges, is that what you used to for the 5liter keg?

It seems the standard cartridges for whip-its are 8gm and about half the price. Do you know if that regulator can use the 8gm cartridges?

edit: just noticed different product N2 vsN2O
yeah you can use n20 which i think is whip its. but i saw on reddit that it doesnt really get you the creaminess like n2.
You mean like this?
this is the beast i got it weighs a ton. a feels heavy when you hold it. Amazon.com
i got it on sale for 34 but its not available anymore.
https://www.amazon.com/Kegconnectio...=1703033394&sprefix=stout+tap+,aps,86&sr=8-31this one is nice for 39$

i think i read that heavier taps hold the cold better and pour better.
and i put an 8 ball or billy club tap handle on it so it fits inside the mini fridge ala the guy who takes his mini kegs to the office. i think i saw him with kegs in a minifrdige where he uses the little round tap handles. you dont need flow control with nitro stout faucet cause you serve it at high pressure to push the gas out of solution.
Or maybe put a stout spout on a Nukatap Mini?
you can definately put a stout spot on a nuka . if i knew that before i bought my tap i prolly would have went that route for the size alone. thiis cost me like an extra 60 dollars for the setup but it makes a difference and its the only way so far i know to have portable nitro homebrew. and anything close to nitro on tap without having ot get seperate beer gas 70/30 mix or whatever it is.

1703034430108.png

somehwere behind the spaghetti that is my beer lines i can pour a stout. i got to get a manifold.

and stout faucets dont need long lines or any lines cause high pressure.

Attachments

• 1703032854456.png
    1703032854456.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1703033119331.png
    1703033119331.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1703033224039.png
    1703033224039.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1703034384775.png
    1703034384775.png