3 month old crushed grain. Use it or toss it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just found 25 lbs of crushed grain that I was going to use to brew 10 gallons of stout. It has been in a sealed bucket kept dry and cool for about 3 months. Anyone think I should use it or pitch it?

Just found 25 lbs of crushed grain that I was going to use to brew 10 gallons of stout. It has been in a sealed bucket kept dry and cool for about 3 months. Anyone think I should use it or pitch it?

i made a user upset brew with 8 month old crushed grain recently that came out great. It was sealed though and yet to be used So that would have made a difference

As long as it is not moving on its own, I'd say brew with it. I say this because the one time I used old milled grain it was one pound of acid malt for a gose and it was kept in a ziplock, when I tossed into the MT, with like 10 mins remaining I noticed their were weevils in it and the mash started wiggling. Kinda gross but it didn't really hurt the beer any. LOL :D

Latest posts

Back