New York 25th Annual Brew Off Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppy2bmerry

My hop trellis brings the boys to the yard.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
B67DFE5C-3B7E-47BD-8DD5-4B1969C6077D.jpeg

Click the link to register and get your entries in- 25th Annual BEER Brew Off There’s a limit of 200 paid entries, so don’t miss out!

Almost back to normal! The club used to have this event at Great South Bay, in Bayshore, NY but the brewery has grown and couldn’t accommodate the competition this year. Fortunately Po’Boy in Port Jefferson Station, NY could support it in their newly expanded space. Entries can be shipped this year! We need qualified judges and stewards to come out too! The awards ceremony and raffle are open to entrants and guests @ 6PM.

I've got this on my radar for shipping entries! I was also contacted by one of the organizers who was encouraging our club to participate, so I'll definitely present that at the next meeting.

I've got this on my radar for shipping entries! I was also contacted by one of the organizers who was encouraging our club to participate, so I'll definitely present that at the next meeting.
One of the reasons I’ve shared it here is that many of the competitions I‘ve wanted to enter were full and closed way before the deadline! So, thank you, and may the best brews win!

One of the reasons I’ve shared it here is that many of the competitions I‘ve wanted to enter were full and closed way before the deadline! So, thank you, and may the best brews win!
I know what you mean! You have to be aware of some of these pretty early to get in. I was actually surprised a competition like this on LI still had less than half the entry limit.
And I'm trying to get more of our members to submit to competitions in general. There's been some turnover in the "regulars" and a lot of the newer members seem a little apprehensive to submit, which I get. I was once in their shoes, afraid to even join the club that I now lead, at first. But there's a few of us that do try to submit fairly often.

Last edited:
We are fast approaching the half full mark @ 91 entries registered. So if you’ve been thinking about it, please register so you won’t miss out.

Sent in my entries yesterday. I have very little confidence they'll do much, as one of the beers I already entered in another comp and it got a disappointing score, and the other is pretty weird. But I had it ready to go, so I threw it in there. We shall see.

Sent in my entries yesterday. I have very little confidence they'll do much, as one of the beers I already entered in another comp and it got a disappointing score, and the other is pretty weird. But I had it ready to go, so I threw it in there. We shall see.
Good luck, hey you never know. Only 2 spots left as of now.

Well, tomorrow is the big day, and the awards and raffle portion of the day has been moved up to 5:00. One year, someone drove from Ohio to attend! May the best beers win.

Got a silver for the gruit-style stout which I just threw in since I had it, so that's awesome. Crappy score on the doppelbock. It was great on tap, so I blame the cbc-1 yeast I used to bottle condition it.

Latest posts

Back