1/2" Pex Clamp Instead of Oetiker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heckels

Reaction score
So I ordered a bunch of new 1/2" silicone hose that will attach to 1/2" TC hose barbs.

I'd like to replace the traditional worm gear hose clamps with the Oetiker style.

Of course, the generic ear clamps only come in 3/4" or 1" at Menards.

Had anyone tried these or is there any reason they wouldn't work? They look almost identical to the Oetiker clamps and are for 1/2" Pex which should be pretty darn close to the 1/2" silicone.

http://www.menards.com/main/plumbin...gs/1-2-ss-pex-clamp-ring/p-2000184-c-9381.htm

Thanks!

I also saw some at a small hardware store near me. I was thinking the same thing. A bag of 20 or so was not much money. They looked like they would work, take a piece of hose and try and fit them on through the plastic bag.

Took a small piece of hose mounted on the barb to the hardware store tonight.

The 1/2" pex clamps are too small and the 3/4" are too big. Looks like I'll stick with the worm gear clamps for now.

Snap Grip hose clamps are what I want to try. I would like to used these over zip ties if I can source some locally that are ~1" ID

Snap Grip hose clamps are what I want to try. I would like to used these over zip ties if I can source some locally that are ~1" ID

I like those. Price is a little steep on some at almost $1 each but I'd only need 20 or so.

I will look next time I am at a big box store. $1/ea does seem spendy, but I only need 10-12

I have used these for years and I'm very happy with them. I use them on my kegging/tapping equipment also. I get them form US Plastic; any size and a reasonable price.

Latest posts

Back