Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Blichmann Modular Brewing Stand "Top Tier" (spring 09)

Old 05-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #71
ZooKeeper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

chuckger - love what you did with your stand. I've been looking at doing something similar & just ran across this thread. A couple of questions -

Any issue with stability using the 3in frame?
Do you know what the overall weight of it is?
Did you get wheels mounted?

Old 10-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #72
wcrooker
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm interested about the wheels too. I have the 3" mast and the legs, so I'm getting ready to assemble it and I would like to have wheels on it too, also where did you get the leveling feet?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 AM   #73
ProzHack
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This thread's about a year old... but I'm really interested in building this myself! I'd love some more detailed pics on the shelf mounting/support. It seems hard to imagine that curved sheet metal with a few bolts is holding up that weight. Is there something else in there?

Old 07-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #74
chuckger
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

So I now have my BrewTree set up with 4 burners, and 2 pumps. I can do 2 batches almost at the same time now with the 2 boiler tiers. As soon as the mash is done for the first batch I have the second batch doughed in usually before the first batch is boiling. With a 30 whirlpool for hop additions on the first batch last weekend I did 2 batches start to finish including cleanup in 6 hours. I was able to whirlpool the first batch for the extra 45 minutes while I was boiling the second batch, then crash them and one after another and transfer to fermenters. I love this stand it has shaved so much time of my brew day! I now have about $1200 wrapped up in the brewtree, and I will try to post a few pics of the newest system.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #75
caseyr98625
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default System

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckger View Post
Here is the finished product in action. I did a Cream Ale and a Blonde back to back in 7 hours including water heat time and clean up!!

Hello,

I have a very similar system, but I am curious how you make this work without heating your mash tun to maintain heat? Or am I mistaken?