You might be on the toilet but you're still in public - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > You might be on the toilet but you're still in public

Old 09-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #11
Brew-Happy
Recipes 

May 2008
Lubbock, Texas
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Here is some more bathroom tech!

Quote:
Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
- Arthur Weasley

Old 09-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #12
JustDave

Recipes 

Jun 2007
Mass.
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I hate it when people talk on their cell phones on the toilet.

It's bad enough I have to hear you pooping (which I can deal with, it is a bathroom after all), but now I have to hear one half of your asinine conversation as well?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #13

Quote:
I was waiting for a Senator joke.
Or perhaps some tidbit from the LBJ years?

Quote:
Johnson often shocked official Washington with his public displays of cruelty to his aides. He once publicly addressed his press secretary, George Reedy, as "you stupid son of a bitch." The most loyal member of Johnson's staff was jack Valenti, about whom it was said, "If LBJ dropped the H-bomb, Valenti would call it an urban renewal project." The loyalty only seemed to invite Johnson's humiliating public rages. On one occasion he shouted, "I thought I told you, Jack, to fix this ****ing doorknob!" Once when Valenti walked into the Oval Office, he was greeted with "Where the goddam hell ya been? How many times have I got to tell you not to leave your desk without telling me where you're going?" The President's discourtesy was extended even to low-ranking White House employees. In May of 1964, a minor secretary with a messy desk got a note from the President: "Get this desk cleaned up right away or else I'll come back tonight and do it myself." Johnson also upset aides with his habit of adjourning a conversation to the bathroom when the need arose. Those who were reluctant to follow him to the toilet were a source of great amusement to him. He frequently recounted a story about "one of the delicate Kennedyites who came into the bathroom with me and then found it utterly impossible to look at me while I sat there on the toilet. You'd think he had never seen those parts of the body before. For there he was, standing as far away from me as he possibly could, keeping his back toward me the whole time, trying to carry on a conversation. I could barely hear a word he said. I kept straining my ears and then finally I asked him to come a little closer to me. Then began the most ludicrous scene I had ever witnessed. Instead of simply turning around and walking over to me, he kept his face away from me and walked backward, one rickety step at a time. For a moment there I thought he was going to run right into me. It certainly made me wonder how that man had made it so far in the world."

Old 09-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #14
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Central PA
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneemann View Post
My rant for the day:

Man, what's with some of you people?
This is a huge federal agency. This is a professional atmosphere for God's sake.

Stop grunting like you're having a baby and stop shouting like you're at a black southern baptist church. Its a turd not a basketball. If your ass hurts that much from crapping, try getting more fiber in your diet.

HAVEN'T ANY OF YOU MOTHERF***ERS EVER HEARD OF A "COURTESY FLUSH"?!?!

Just because you're in the bathroom doesn't mean you're not in public anymore. Show some F**KING respect for those around you!
I work in a lab where the majority are PhD's, etc. Not that they are better than anyone, that's not my point. These are supposed to be well learned, professional people. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I see people's crap in the toilet, stains on the seat, water left running, and yes folks even graffiti. Go figure.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #15
jmulligan

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Odenton, MD
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebisch01 View Post
I work in a lab where the majority are PhD's, etc. Not that they are better than anyone, that's not my point. These are supposed to be well learned, professional people. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I see people's crap in the toilet, stains on the seat, water left running, and yes folks even graffiti. Go figure.

+10!

I work with very well (sometimes overly) educated people, and our building maintenance has had to put up signs in EACH stall (obviously, I'm a girl, we have lots of stalls) to please manually flush if the auto-flusher does not dispose of your "goods."

It's a turd, not a cherished object. Flush them b*tches down!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #16
McKBrew

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Hayden, Idaho
Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

How hard is it to flush a turd, or a urinal full of p!ss? I often say at my job " How can we expect submarine crews to safely operate in hostile environments, when we can't even get them to flush a toilet?" Better yet, don't you hate watching the person who uses the facilities then walks out the door without washing their hands?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #17
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Liked 94 Times on 62 Posts

Old 09-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #19
PvtSkippy

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Ellijay, GA

I'm still trying to figure out how folks manage to spray urine to the left and the right (sometimes even above) the urinal in our office. Are ya trying to put out a fire?

And to those guys in my office who manage to leave a puddle on the floor... If ya got a short bat, stand closer to the plate.

...idiots.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #20
Ego Archive

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
How hard is it to flush a turd, or a urinal full of p!ss? I often say at my job " How can we expect submarine crews to safely operate in hostile environments, when we can't even get them to flush a toilet?" Better yet, don't you hate watching the person who uses the facilities then walks out the door without washing their hands?
'

That one always squicks me out. Listen, I may have to touch the stuff your handling, you may not mind, but I do.

The best (worst) was when I was standing at the urinal minding my own business, and my bosses boss comes up to the urinal next to me, and pats me on the back.

Him: Hey, hows it going?
Me: uh...yeah, just going fine...

<quick exit>

Planning:SWMBO Berry wine, Imperial Coffee Stout, Shaved Nut(s) Brown ale.
In Primary:Apfelwein, American Pale Ale
In Secondary:
Conditioning:Sweet Chocolate Stout
On Tap: Apple Clove Mead (Bottled), 120 IPA Clone,Thanksgiving Amber Gruit (yuck), Pyment, Sweet Chocolate Stout