hello from ft. lauderdale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markg954

Reaction score
, i'm from ft. lauderdale and my name is mark. i'm looking to start out brewing apple juice to make cider. then i will try to brew beer. some of my favorites are delirium tremens, rogue dead guy ale, paulaner, left handed milk stout, st. pauli girl, and of course pabst blue ribbon (a very very underestimated beer, with a nice mellow hangover),

in the future i hope to make some odd brews utilizing strange ingredients (some with psycho-active properties) such as cannabis, salvia, wormwood.

and yes right now, i need the knowledge portion of brewing , as i am new to this. can't wait to get started

Welcome. A lot of good information here. I know for a fact there are highly regarded clone recipes for a couple of those beers here. Good luck with the cider, I might recommend EdWort's Apfelwein. It is great and exceptionally easy.

Also, if you haven't yet, check out How to Brew. Everything you need to know for your first great batch of beer can be found there.

My suggestion is to start looking into using Kava root in one of your early Apfelwein tests. Apparently, it's completely legal, and you can get it online for like $20 a pound (what I hear from my friend who has some).

You can either chew the root or make it into tea (if you can make it into a drink, I'm sure you can add it to a brew), and apparently it relaxes your muscles and gives you a mild euphoric high for six hours while making you more mentally alert and improving your short term memory. I think it'd be a nice combo with the alcohol content and such, and I'm curious to know how it would taste.

Welcome to the club man.

Be careful with those 'legal & natural' substances. Ma huang was a big one in my day then the FDA pulled all the ephedra from the shelves. Its nasty stuff. Then again it's your body. Get your brew on.

My suggestion is to start looking into using Kava root in one of your early Apfelwein tests. Apparently, it's completely legal, and you can get it online for like $20 a pound (what I hear from my friend who has some).

You can either chew the root or make it into tea (if you can make it into a drink, I'm sure you can add it to a brew), and apparently it relaxes your muscles and gives you a mild euphoric high for six hours while making you more mentally alert and improving your short term memory. I think it'd be a nice combo with the alcohol content and such, and I'm curious to know how it would taste.

the kava brew sounds interesting. there is a kava bar here in ft. lauderdale, that my girl wants to go to. i'll try it out, i hear it's nasty though. maybe it will taste better in a boiled wort.

Welcome to the club man.

Be careful with those 'legal & natural' substances. Ma huang was a big one in my day then the FDA pulled all the ephedra from the shelves. Its nasty stuff. Then again it's your body. Get your brew on.

ephedra is harsh on the heart.

Hey, I'm in ft ladi 2 welcome :mug:
hope u have room for another addiction cause you will be hooked in no time. I just started in Jan and I'm going on my 4th brew soon.

Back