Bru'n Water and Calcium Chloride solutions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver_Is_Money

Larry Sayre, Developer of 'Mash Made Easy'
Reaction score
Martin, would it be possible for you to modify the next release so solutions of CaCl2 are handled by the spreadsheet as Wt/Vol concentrations rather than as Wt/Wt?

All of AJ's work on this was with respect to Wt/Vol, and I find that it is far easier to add liquids by volume vs. by weight.

@mabrungard

All of AJ's work on this was with respect to Wt/Vol, and I find that it is far easier to add liquids by volume vs. by weight.

This is an easy fix.

Find the density of the solution (either experimentally by weighting it and measuring the volume) or by looking it up online, and make a new cell as your new input at the preferred unit. Then use the density formula to convert the input to what bru'n water wants to use.

This is an easy fix.

Find the density of the solution (either experimentally by weighting it and measuring the volume) or by looking it up online, and make a new cell as your new input at the preferred unit. Then use the density formula to convert the input to what bru'n water wants to use.

My full version spreadsheet is code protected, and I can't make alterations to it to implement your advice.

Back