Plastic conical fitting advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtp137

Reaction score
Want to build a 30 gallon conical I see some have nice SS triclover valves for dumping and racking. Is the SS worth it? Could I save 100 bucs and use plastic. I am probably going to spend the money for a CIP valve so that I dont have to scrub the plastic

Anyone have any problems with infections with these. I have to admit that I am afraid of the threads at the bottom, but it looks like I can get 2 inch mail threads

Want to build a 30 gallon conical I see some have nice SS triclover valves for dumping and racking. Is the SS worth it? Could I save 100 bucs and use plastic. I am probably going to spend the money for a CIP valve so that I dont have to scrub the plastic

Anyone have any problems with infections with these. I have to admit that I am afraid of the threads at the bottom, but it looks like I can get 2 inch mail threads

just my 2 cents but if the tank of the conical is already plastic... Whats the point? Id go with the plastic fittings myself... the only thing I might consider stainless for is the valve.. The plastic ones I had cracked easily both on my conical and my tankless hot water plumbing for my house.

the Triclover stuff is kind of a waste (benefit wise) unless you have a sanitary seamless conical...Ive yet to see a plastic one meet this criteria yet so...

for my one plastic conical I used cheap stainless camlock fittings attached to a regular stainless ballvalve... havent had any issues yet.

just my 2 cents but if the tank of the conical is already plastic... Whats the point? Id go with the plastic fittings myself... the only thing I might consider stainless for is the valve.. The plastic ones I had cracked easily both on my conical and my tankless hot water plumbing for my house.

the Triclover stuff is kind of a waste (benefit wise) unless you have a sanitary seamless conical...Ive yet to see a plastic one meet this criteria yet so...

for my one plastic conical I used cheap stainless camlock fittings attached to a regular stainless ballvalve... havent had any issues yet.

Can you snap a picture

Back